Apple, Samsung dispute tentative juror verdict form in California patent trial

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 41
    imemberimember Posts: 247member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hmm View Post

Huh? That comment wasn't meant as an insult. Where I see them aping Apple usually comes down to feature set. If they decided to advertise a similar coating, that would  be an example. A few people commented on the inclusion of a fingerprint reader on one of their phones. There isn't much Apple can do about them trying to copy features. As you've seen they need specific claims where Samsung actually infringes on the use of a patented feature. If their engineers took a disassembler and tried to rebuild Apple's source code, that would fall under the realm of copyright violation. Anyway in this case all I saw was a tacky phone. It looks more like a costume piece than something made for actual use, and it does nothing to maintain parity in features with whatever Apple chooses to incorporate in their next phone. Hopefully that provides a better explanation.

It does provide better explanation and sorry maybe overreacted a little, i agree Apple can do anything unless Samsung actually infringe one of their patents, and yes S5 crystal cover was indeed tacky and to me was funny.. if they copied the idea from iPhone? maybe but i'm not 100% sure either, i've no problem with Samsung copying Apple (without infrige on Apple patents) i actually enjoy that and Samsung users they should be happy about that too.