• Reply 1 of 31
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    So it really gets interesting now.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    It's about time.
  • Reply 3 of 31
    hekalhekal Posts: 117member
    Saw that. This will be a credible lawsuit that the courts will not ignore. Go Steve Case!
  • Reply 4 of 31
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    Oh jeez. If I make it to retirement, I'm going to write a book entitled "How Jim Clark and Netscape Screwed Up and Spent Years Blaming Microsoft for That and Everything Else As Well".

Obviously it won't sell, but you have to admit it's a catchy title... and it's going to need a big cover...
  • Reply 4 of 31
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    I hope they win. I wonder if they'll be other lawsuits like this?
  • Reply 6 of 31
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Can I sue sombody too?
  • Reply 7 of 31
    Netscape will win. M$ might crumble this time.
  • Reply 8 of 31
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>M$ might crumble this time.</strong><hr></blockquote>

And we'll have the G5 before the end of today.
  • Reply 9 of 31
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    M$ won't crumble....but, unless netscape gets really shitty lawyers, M$ should lose and lose easily....it was proven that M$ is a monopoly and that they used unfair practices...and who was hurt the most by these practices??? Netscape....if nothing else, this trial should be fun to watch...g
  • Reply 10 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Can I sue sombody too?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sue..sue..sue.....EVERYBODY!!
  • Reply 11 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>Netscape will win. M$ might crumble this time.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Microsoft definately won't crumble.
  • Reply 12 of 31
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    You know, I really dislike MS and a lot of what they do, but I fear AOL/Time Warner. I hope that they don't win this one, just to keep them from getting even more power than they already have. That company controls the news we get and how we get it. Just look at all the AOL/TW connections out there. It's absolutely scary. I was flipping through a Time magazine the other week and I saw an article about internet something or other. It had an iMac in the picture and AOL was on the screen. I thought, "why would they put AOL there?" but then I realized that AOL owns Time. It's engraining itself into our consciousness and that's a very bad thing?. For all the times I realize the connections (e.g., watching CNN and hearing about this case) there are probably 100 times that I don't. Hell, they even own the lord of the rings movie (AOL cds with the Ring on the front...ironic, isn't it?) and the birthday song. :shivers:
  • Reply 13 of 31
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>M$ won't crumble....but, unless netscape gets really shitty lawyers, M$ should lose and lose easily....it was proven that M$ is a monopoly and that they used unfair practices...and who was hurt the most by these practices??? Netscape....if nothing else, this trial should be fun to watch...g</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, as big as AOL is I don't think they will get shitty lawyers. I fear them more than M$.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    Win or lose the suit. Netscape is irrelevant.
  • Reply 15 of 31
    well, they are both large and nasty and want to take over the world....AOL/Time with news and internet control.....M$ with news (msn, msnbc) and internet control....can't really tell them apart.....g
  • Reply 16 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

Microsoft definately won't crumble.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yea but M$ DEFINATLY has been under alot of heat in the past year, I wouldn't be surprised if M$ is damaged big time, from all these suits.

personally I see apple on the rise and wintel on the fall, but thats just me
  • Reply 17 of 31
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    I'd rather AOL than M$... if the main 'trailblazer' of computing, M$ &lt;snicker&gt; gets a smack-down and is hurt enough, it gives the real 'inovator' Apple more of a chance to gooble up unhappy customers... I think
  • Reply 18 of 31
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    People,

Realize this for what it is; a prelude to a settlement that will be mutually beneficial to both at the expense of consumers everywhere. There won't be any decision by any court. They'll settle. That'll be good enough for the DOJ, whose just looking for an excuse for to back away from this, and it'll make it more palpable for the court since they've settled. M$ will get some kinda new access, Time/Warner will get some kinda new access. The settlement will have pleasing disclosed bits and nasty undisclosed bits. They'll collude under the guise of litigation, and no one's gonna blink untill 5-10 years from now when there's as much compitition in internet/communication service as there is at the gas pumps. Those are two big boys out there and neither of them is gonna lose. You are!
  • Reply 19 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by Wrong Robot:

<strong>

yea but M$ DEFINATLY has been under alot of heat in the past year, I wouldn't be surprised if M$ is damaged big time, from all these suits.

personally I see apple on the rise and wintel on the fall, but thats just me</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, definately. All I was saying was that they wouldn't crumble to a point where the company would be in jeopardy.
  • Reply 20 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>Win or lose the suit. Netscape is irrelevant.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly, Netsacpe is gasping for breath. If they do win, let's hope they will put the winnings into designing a credible browser...hah.