Southeast Asia may be Apple's next growth driver as sales soar in Vietnam

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    ws11ws11 Posts: 159member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

The market is already competitive. This won't change a thing.

Not exactly, service providers in Canada and US are still over-charging for phone plans.  Taking away the sale of smartphones will give the consumer more freedom.

• Reply 22 of 27
    auciauci Posts: 1member
    2 month salary to buy a "portable computer". Totally worth it.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    solipsismx wrote: »
    For everyone's sake I hope the economic downturn in Asia this year has been overstated.

I thought there was going to be a world recession last year. Didn't happen. I now think there's a good chance of one in 2016.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I thought there was going to be a world recession last year. Didn't happen. I now think there's a good chance of one in 2016.

Well, the Fed has no immediate plans to stop pumping up the US economy with free money, although the underlying fragility remains because the weaknesses and poor policy decisions remain. I'm certain there will be another giant plunge in markets and potentially a collapse bigger than 2008.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    agramonte wrote: »
    well, you have to be pretty young to think that a 200 to 500 dollar phone made in China is a luxury item - or live in a 3rd world country I guess.

Where a product is assembled is of little import. Apple's products are designed in the USA by some of the world's best industrial designers and assembled to meet specifications also set by the same people.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Where a product is assembled is of little import. Apple's products are designed in the USA by some of the world's best industrial designers and assembled to meet specifications also set by the same people.

It's crazy that people today think that China can't possibly have any manufacturing that could produce a quality or luxury item.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    It's crazy that people today think that China can't possibly have any manufacturing that could produce a quality or luxury item.

They do make some really nice plates. :lol: