Microsoft Office for iPad updated with support for Apple's AirPrint

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post

Wasn't there a lot of people who said Microsoft office was too late or not needed - why is everyone downloading it? It seems overpriced too.

Depends what type of user you are. If your a home user then you probably don't need an enterprise level solution but depending where you work can probably get office really cheap on a home use program. If your an organisation a 365 subscription is a similar price to what you would have been paying for licenses anyway, but now has the bonus of ipad apps thrown in too.

I get why people compare it to other apps and think its expensive, but MS's main target market is enterprise and compared to other enterprise software where you could be paying closer to £1000 per user, Office including multiple apps for around £100 a user isn't that badly priced.

• Reply 22 of 28
    cinder6cinder6 Posts: 38member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post

Wasn't there a lot of people who said Microsoft office was too late or not needed - why is everyone downloading it? It seems overpriced too.

$10/month for five users (that's five PCs/Macs plus five tablets) is actually a great deal. Even if you only bought the cheapest edition of Office, you're looking at $140 per system—and 365 Home comes with Publisher, Outlook, and Access, which only the $400 standalone edition includes. Yes, buying it outright is ultimately cheaper in the long run, but it would take years to recoup the investment (after which the next version will be out).

Obviously, it isn't a perfect match for all use cases (for instance, if you only have one PC), but it's by no means overpriced. For most home use, iWork is probably sufficient (and much cheaper), but if you need to interface with your work at all, odds are pretty good Office is your best bet.

• Reply 23 of 28
    So... Office Apps without Edit, Save and Print is like a mobile OS without Copy&Paste.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    I downloaded all 3 Apps, Word crashed with the first document I opened... I uninstalled them.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I downloaded all 3 Apps, Word crashed with the first document I opened... I uninstalled them.

And no other app has ever crashed on you?
  • Reply 26 of 28
    sporlosporlo Posts: 143member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    And no other app has ever crashed on you?
    You can't uninstall Safari ;)
  • Reply 27 of 28
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Right- Apple never updates it initial releases.

As an enterprise user this will now open up my iPad to more than just using it as a hightech View-Master.

• Reply 28 of 28
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

As an enterprise user this will now open up my iPad to more than just using it as a hightech View-Master.

Of course, you could have opened it up years ago, but that’s your choice.