Samsung reveals design inspiration for Galaxy S5

Comments

• Reply 41 of 94
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nek Minute View Post

Plastic provides "a sophisticated and youthful urban style with emotion"... Said no one ever.

ROFL so much emotion for just plastic. lol

I already posted it, but let me repost my impressions on the S5.

youtu.be/q0G9yasVKyo

It's pretty terrible.

Here is a great blog about all Samsung original designs.

http://samsungdesign.tumblr.com/

Check it out!!

• Reply 42 of 94
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Brandon Powell View Post

Every major company copies

Nope.

Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

I hope so...

You’re stretching the joke a little far now.

Who really gives a shit!

We do.

Why do you care to know what Samsung is doing all the time?

Know thy enemy.

If you stop giving them press, maybe people will forget about them.

You cannot possibly believe this.

REAL Apple stories

Such as…?

This is the same thing aided in killing Apple the first time. 

No, sorry, try again. One pro-Apple website, wholly unaffiliated with the company, being “late in reporting stories” did NOT aid in killing Apple in the late ‘80s. You cannot possibly be serious.

Its like there's this war going on where Samsung has to lose and Apple has to win.

Oh, shut up. How dare you invoke a quote you don’t even remotely comprehend?! 

This is the same shit that went on back in the 90's where Microsoft had to lose and Apple had to win and this all started pretty much the same way with MS stealing Apple's designs and technologies for its OS (Windows 95) and getting away with it. 

Dear idiots who think stealing IP is okay because “it already happened”: 

Shoot yourselves in the foot.

Sincerely,

Everyone who has ever made anything ever

Samsung should only be mentioned if there's an actual reason to, like a court ruling or something like that. 

And you don’t comprehend how this information they just released will be invaluable for future court rulings? Hold onto your butt.

• Reply 43 of 94
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,913member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Sure. One, Samsung is Apple's most serious domestic and competitor in the two products that account for nearly three-quarters of Apple's revenue (and even more of its profits). Two, this site attracts Apple consumers as well as investors, or someone like me who's both.

I agree that AI is late to the party with some Apple product stories. However, those other sites are readily available to peruse without much difficulty, so I don't understand what the issue is. AI does not have to be a one-stop shop for all things Apple.

So what does that have to do with reporting Samsung news? Who really cares what Samsung is doing and why they're doing it. Again, this AppleInsider, not Samsung Insider. They might as well report when someone at Samsung takes a shit in the morning and then try to relate on how someone at Apple does the same thing. Why not? Hey it relates to Samsung and Apple!

If AI wants to keep its traffic then it SHOULD report on Apple stories and products for Apple. Not report on irrelevant things like design inspirations for its phone. So basically, its okay to not visit this site and go elsewhere because they want to be the Fox News of the Apple News sites instead of reporting things actually related to Apple?

• Reply 44 of 94
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    macxpress wrote: »
    So what does that have to do with reporting Samsung news? Who really cares what Samsung is doing and why they're doing it. Again, this AppleInsider, not Samsung Insider. They might as well report when someone at Samsung takes a shit in the morning and then try to relate on how someone at Apple does the same thing. Why not? Hey it relates to Samsung and Apple!

If AI wants to keep its traffic then it SHOULD report on Apple stories and products for Apple. Not report on irrelevant things like design inspirations for its phone. So basically, its okay to not visit this site and go elsewhere because they want to be the Fox News of the Apple News sites instead of reporting things actually related to Apple?

You chose to click on the story. Perhaps you should ignore headlines with Sammy's name if you don't want to read about them.

When you read the sports section of a newspaper, do they only have stories on just the local teams?
  • Reply 45 of 94
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    rogifan wrote: »
    I can't wait until the day Apple rumor sites stop being obsessed about Samsung.

Not in our lifetime.
  • Reply 46 of 94
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    So few comments. What, Samsung only pays a penny per negative comment about Apple not positive comment about Samsung?

The more worried Samsung gets, the harder they try, and the less authentic it sounds.
  • Reply 47 of 94
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:

Traffic? Really?

Have you taken a look at the views and comments that a Samsung-related story attracts on AI, as opposed to the product-related stuff? I think you're confusing cause and effect.

• Reply 48 of 94
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

This look like a iPhone?

I'm sorry.

I work for the Samsung legal team and I'm having a little problem differentiating these because they're too small.

Could you bring them closer or enlarge them?

;)

• Reply 49 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

You chose to click on the story. Perhaps you should ignore headlines with Sammy's name if you don't want to read about them.

When you read the sports section of a newspaper, do they only have stories on just the local teams?

So again, its okay for them to ignore real Apple stories so they can report on something totally unrelated to Apple?

• Reply 50 of 94
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

So again, its okay for them to ignore real Apple stories so they can report on something totally unrelated to Apple?

You’re honestly telling me that you don’t see how this is related to Apple.

• Reply 51 of 94
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:

I hope so...I get so sick and tired of hearing about what Samsung is doing. Who really gives a shit! Why do you care to know what Samsung is doing all the time? This is AppleInsider, not Samsung Insider. If you stop giving them press, maybe people will forget about them. What they're doing is obviously working from a press standpoint. Stop paying attention to them. 

Whats even worse, is the fact that AI is constantly late in getting REAL Apple stories on their site. There are many many times when MacRumors, or 9-5 Mac has articles out that either AI is late to report, or simply never reports. I guess they're too busy worrying about the next move at Samsung so they can report on it. This is the same thing aided in killing Apple the first time. 

Its like there's this war going on where Samsung has to lose and Apple has to win. This is the same shit that went on back in the 90's where Microsoft had to lose and Apple had to win and this all started pretty much the same way with MS stealing Apple's designs and technologies for its OS (Windows 95) and getting away with it. 

Why don't we just focus on Apple and ONLY report on Apple, and its 3rd party supporters (App developers, hardware developers). Samsung should only be mentioned if there's an actual reason to, like a court ruling or something like that. 

If you don't agree with my post, please give me a NO BS answer as to how this is relevant on an Apple News/Rumor site?

I'd rather see a few articles about Apple's future instead of Apple's past. I just see so much about stuff that happened 6 months ago, a year ago, 7 years ago. Damnit, it gets real old.

More articles with vision would be great. Articles about the author's vision of where Apple could go. If authors want to be taking seriously then they have to show more ability to predict the future, to have the fortitude to put new ideas on the table.

Rehashing old news can be done by anyone, imo... and it is so unApple like.

• Reply 52 of 94
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    srice wrote: »
    Yep.., but with a noticeable lack of Fandroid replies.  Almost as if Samsung flew their Astroturfers to Korea for a big gangnam style party so they aren't available to post.

Or false flag posts?
    Pro-Apple comments are a powerful troll attractant on the Internet.

The lack of trolling suggests they are fake posts.
  • Reply 53 of 94
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

You all realize why Samsung tries so hard to copy the Iphone they know people would be embarrassed to own a Samsung so if it looks close enough to the iphone the uses may not be too embarrassed to walk around with one.  Instead of us slamming Samsung we would be ridiculing the user for being a wantabe or a posers or supporting a company with no ethics. Let get green peace all wound up on Samsung. 

I think Apple should begin a ad campaign like they did against the users or PC, make them realizing all the bad things they had to deal with using a Samsung product.

• Reply 54 of 94
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

What do you mean 'fake posts'? Mine are among the most liked there!

• Reply 55 of 94
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,301member
    Quote:

So again, there are only so many Apple stories to be told. Unless you want repeats of the same thing like screen size over and over.

• Reply 56 of 94
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Lol they're indeed the most shameless, but what make someone an idiot for buy something they like? Regular people do care about who stole what, and why should they.

Because original design and care is what makes a quality product.
  • Reply 57 of 94
    vidsmartvidsmart Posts: 5member
    Originally Posted by macxpress

If you don't agree with my post, please give me a NO BS answer as to how this is relevant on an Apple News/Rumor site?

Sure. One, Samsung is Apple's most serious domestic and competitor in the two products that account for nearly three-quarters of Apple's revenue (and even more of its profits). Two, this site attracts Apple consumers as well as investors, or someone like me who's both.

I agree that AI is late to the party with some Apple product stories. However, those other sites are readily available to peruse without much difficulty, so I don't understand what the issue is. AI does not have to be a one-stop shop for all things Apple.[/quote]

Here's another: these articles are interesting to many of us. I have no desire to go to a Samsung site to read about Samsung products; and even if I did hold my nose and got to one of those sites, do you really think I am going to get the kind of perspective I get on AI? This is particularly true of the comments here. As one of the commenters pointed out, this blog post reads like something out of the Onion. Doubt you'd get that from a commenter on a Samsung site. There are some articles at AI that don't interest me--I simply choose not to read them. Just don't read the Samsung articles if you are turned off by them (and I am not saying that as a wise-ass behind a keyboard.)
  • Reply 58 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I'd rather see a few articles about Apple's future instead of Apple's past. I just see so much about stuff that happened 6 months ago, a year ago, 7 years ago. Damnit, it gets real old.

More articles with vision would be great. Articles about the author's vision of where Apple could go. If authors want to be taking seriously then they have to show more ability to predict the future, to have the fortitude to put new ideas on the table.

Rehashing old news can be done by anyone, imo... and it is so unApple like.

I agree...they could do this direction too. There are many things they could (and should) being doing other than reporting every single damn thing Samsung does. 

• Reply 59 of 94
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Because original design and care is what makes a quality product.

It's sad that some people will never get this obvious fact.

And that it has little or nothing to do with people's income levels (Ironically, the lifetime ownership economics of an Apple product are much better than that of its competitors, so it's people at lower income levels who should actually want to own them).

• Reply 60 of 94
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

So again, there are only so many Apple stories to be told. Unless you want repeats of the same thing like screen size over and over.

It doesn't always have to be directly about Apple. It could be this new Thunderbolt device coming out, or something about one of Apple's vendors, or new products for Apple products, etc. Other sites don't have trouble coming up with stores all day long. Its like AI doesn't even try because they're so caught up with the Fox News thinking.