Pictures of your computer setups for 2002

Comments

• Reply 461 of 724
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    ProgMac, is there a bottle of ranch dressing in that third pic?
  • Reply 462 of 724
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by CubeDude:

<strong>ProgMac, is there a bottle of ranch dressing in that third pic?</strong><hr></blockquote>

yes, it certainly is. what you don't see is the chair to the right of the dressing where i sit and eat carrots dipped in the ranch. but, the real question is: what brand of ranch dressing is it? <a href="http://idisk.mac.com/progmac/Public/pretty.jpg"; target="_blank">guess</a>
  • Reply 463 of 724
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by progmac:

<strong>

yes, it certainly is. what you don't see is the chair to the right of the dressing where i sit and eat carrots dipped in the ranch. but, the real question is: what brand of ranch dressing is it? <a href="http://idisk.mac.com/progmac/Public/pretty.jpg"; target="_blank">guess</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

hidden valley.
  • Reply 464 of 724
    [quote]Originally posted by janitor:

<strong>

hidden valley.</strong><hr></blockquote>

wrong! try again.
  • Reply 465 of 724
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    MarcUK-What program is that? Cubase?
  • Reply 466 of 724
    Kirkland Signiture?

Sunny Select?

The pic is too small to see. How 'bout a close-up of your fridge?
  • Reply 467 of 724
    [quote]Originally posted by CubeDude:

<strong>Kirkland Signiture?

Sunny Select?

The pic is too small to see. How 'bout a close-up of your fridge? </strong><hr></blockquote>

that would make it too easy! come to think of it, it might be a brand that you haven't really heard of unless you live in ohio. it is a store brand...
  • Reply 468 of 724
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>MarcUK-What program is that? Cubase?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yup! and JunoX2, TBL & Loopazoid VST's

im making some tracks which i'll whitelabel out using only cheap/free vst's. So far I have spent only &lt;£150 on music stuff of which cubase was £80 upgrade to 5.1 (from V3 which I bought years ago so doesn't count) and Im not including the cost of the mac, because I only bought it for Cinema 4d originally.

So I have written and produces a platinum selling album for less than the cost of an hour in a decent studio.

Still Im looking for a shareware sampler, but V-Samp is so lame and there is nothing else?. I can do it in Loopazoid with a lot of effort.

I'll need a CPU upgrade (800 G4) to finish it off though because Im already maxing out the CPU of the G4 running in realtime. Im adverse to bouncing tracks at the moment, because you loose the flexibility, but there is no doubt that the sound I can get from this set up is as good as any commercially recorded record in the style Im working on (electro/techno/trance/etc) but certainly I cant produce any styles that dont rely heavily on analogue modelled instruments (as I dont have any!) I will prolly take the finished mixes and the mac to a local studio when Im done (expect early 2003) to listen to it all on a referene system and make level adjustments (those labtecs are really lame), but I usually mix on H/phones anyway as Im really used to them. So far Ive played 2 tracks on a club level system and nothing sounded untoward.

About 5-8 years ago, I actually bought hardware synths/samplers etc before any of this was available, and spent in excess of £20K, sadly this is now all unavailable to use, although I still have it in storage, but as far as electonic music goes, this is much better, if for no other reason, because everything is not hardwired to a mixing desk, oh and it doesnt take me 2 hours to turn everything on and get all the patches set up.
  • Reply 469 of 724
    spotbugspotbug Posts: 361member

<strong>come to think of it, it might be a brand that you haven't really heard of unless you live in ohio. it is a store brand...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Foodland?

Food Club?

Best Yet?

Sam's choice?
  • Reply 470 of 724
    KRAFT!
  • Reply 471 of 724
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    I'm gonna guess either Kraft or Kroger brand?
  • Reply 472 of 724
    [quote]that would make it too easy! come to think of it, it might be a brand that you haven't really heard of unless you live in ohio. it is a store brand... <hr></blockquote>

I live in the California east bay area.
  • Reply 473 of 724
    [quote]Originally posted by cyko95:

<strong>I'm gonna guess either Kraft or Kroger brand?</strong><hr></blockquote>

KROGER!!! YOU WIN!!!!!!!! ok, now that the excitement of the salad dressing is over what do we do?
  • Reply 474 of 724
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    I don't know :confused: *scratches head*
  • Reply 475 of 724
    <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/atomic_riot/.Pictures/IMG_0002.jpg"; target="_blank">Pay no attention to the artifacts</a>

[ 07-03-2002: Message edited by: Shanny ]</p>
  • Reply 476 of 724
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Hey Shanny....you got the new desk and the new KVM box

How does it compare to the IOGEAR one by the way?
  • Reply 477 of 724
    mac gurumac guru Posts: 367member
    I've JUST recently gotten into the DV and you're right TIME CONSUMING.

The iBook is a 500MHz Dual USB with a 20GB HD / CD-RW / Airport and 384MB RAM / OS X 10.1.5

And no She doesn't drink out of her ears

Mac Guru
  • Reply 478 of 724
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member

<strong>

KROGER!!! YOU WIN!!!!!!!! ok, now that the excitement of the salad dressing is over what do we do?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well I kinda cheated since I live in the same part of the country. So what do I win? A Porsche? A dream vacation? A Dual G4 Powermac? Another posting credit on AI for this ramble?
  • Reply 479 of 724
    Here's my Ti800 with a Sun 24.1" LCD Display...<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/keithkinoshita/PhotoAlbum4.html"; target="_blank">My Ti800 with Sun 24'1" LCD Display</a>
  • Reply 480 of 724
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    [quote]Originally posted by kinokeith:

<strong>Here's my Ti800 with a Sun 24.1" LCD Display...<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/keithkinoshita/PhotoAlbum4.html"; target="_blank">My Ti800 with Sun 24'1" LCD Display</a></strong><hr></blockquote>Mmmm! How much did the display cost?