Nokia Lumia photography chief Ari Partinen joins Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    jungmark wrote: »
    What a coup. Nokia is "Finnished".

This cannot be, Nokia is already "Americanised"... since MS purchased their handsets division.

He did really well in Nokia, tho'... I wish him all the best in Apple. I'm sure he'll do well for Apple and himself. I also hope someone from his team will be able to step-up and continue his good work with future Lumia - or whatever MS calls them - devices.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    ezhikezhik Posts: 101member
    Nokia has great cameras. Although a bit of a shame to see him go, considering my preferred phone OS.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    ezhik wrote: »
    Nokia has great cameras. Although a bit of a shame to see him go, considering my preferred phone OS.

Which OS would that be? I think they use 5(?)

1. Symbian
    2. Maemo
    3. MeeGo
    4. Android
    5. Windows Phone

But I presume some of these are obsolete.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    ezhikezhik Posts: 101member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Which OS would that be? I think they use 5(?)

1. Symbian
    2. Maemo
    3. MeeGo
    4. Android
    5. Windows Phone

But I presume some of these are obsolete.

Actually it's 3: Asha OS, Android, and Windows Phone. Symbian is dead, Maemo and Meego were (sort of) the same thing, and they're dead too.

Personally I like Windows Phone, shame it's not really popular.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    ezhik wrote: »
    Actually it's 3: Asha OS, Android, and Windows Phone. Symbian is dead, Maemo and Meego were (sort of) the same thing, and they're dead too.

Personally I like Windows Phone, shame it's not really popular.

That's useful info; thanks. WP seems to be a good OS indeed. Normally with MS they have their way of gaining marketshare by simply pumping more money and resources at the problem, though I can't say they're succeeding at that, with their Phone OS effort. I know global marketshare is low, but I read that it's doing far better in Europe. App-wise they seem to have all basis covered.