With iTunes Connect 3.0, Apple is one step closer to bringing an iOS 7 look to all its apps

Posted:
in iPhone edited May 2014
Apple on Thursday unveiled a new revision to its developer-focused iTunes Connect app for iOS, sporting an all-new design and the ability to manage multimedia content in the iTunes Store and iBooks Store alongside apps on the App Store.

According to Apple, the application -- which mirrors functionality available in the web-based iTunes Connect portal for developers -- has been completely revamped. The update includes a variety of new charts and graphs that provide more glanceable performance information.

In addition to the visual and data-centric overhauls, Apple has also added the ability to manage music, movies, and TV shows that developers sell in the iTunes Store. Users can browse reviews, schedule applications and media for release, and edit metadata like the content's language.

The latest release marks just the ninth time Apple has updated the app since its debut in 2010, and carries with it the most significant changes in nearly two years. iTunes Connect's last update brought only a minor bug fix and support for the then-new iPhone 5.

iTunes Connect version 3.0 is available now as a free, 7.2-megabyte download from the App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    red oakred oak Posts: 1,088member
    I am surprised they are releasing this now vs. waiting to WWDC. They must feel very confident on what they will announce then
  • Reply 2 of 10
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,858member
    Confidence is good.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

I am surprised they are releasing this now vs. waiting to WWDC. They must feel very confident on what they will announce then

Actually, this appears to be more of a "catch up" move rather than showing their WWDC hand early. Per the article, this updated iTunes Connect app replicates functionality that has been available through the web portal for some time.

It's not like Apple is tipping their hand.

• Reply 4 of 10
    No mention of eBooks? What should we make of that?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    inoseyinosey Posts: 89member
    No mention of eBooks? What should we make of that?
    *ibooks. And i dont know.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

One of the few icons that actually looks better after its redesign..

• Reply 7 of 10
    bao babusbao babus Posts: 20member
    Why it requires iOS 7? Just useless...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Yay? I hate the iOS 7 look. It's technically an inferior design. Lots of people agree (and are immediately assaulted by fanboys, and those who love functionless change, upon speaking up).
  • Reply 9 of 10
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dysamoria wrote: »
    Yay? I hate the iOS 7 look. It's technically an inferior design. Lots of people agree (and are immediately assaulted by fanboys, and those who love functionless change, upon speaking up).

On could also say. "Yay? I like the iOS 7 look. It's technically a superior design. Lots of people agree (and are immediately assaulted by asshats, and those who are afraid of change, upon speaking up)."

The problem with your comment is that you believe it's impossible to any of the wonderful changes as being better. Even without looking at features I am very happy to get rid of the horrible, outdated skuemporphism that has plagued the UI. In fact, you'll find most of these fanboys having spoke up about that very thing year after year before iOS 7 corrected this egregious issue.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Bao Babus View Post

Why it requires iOS 7? Just useless...

Why are you not coding for iOS 7? Sounds useless.