Apple could save over $1B on alleged Beats deal with international acquisition - report

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    andysol wrote: »
    What I told you is simply the law. It's not that complicated.

You're welcome to check with your 'experts' (and tell us what you found out, just as I did).

What if they dissolve beats?
    How would the absorption of beats music into iTunes affect taxes of revenue from current subscribers?

Those are 2 of hundreds of questions that would be asked to a team of the best tax analysis money can buy.

Look, I was being nice in my first post. Let me try a different tactic. You have no idea what you're talking about because it's way over your head, my head, and any acquaintance you know. It's so complicated it needs a team.
    Now if you've worked on the tax laws of an international acquisition worth $3.2billion by a domestic company- and did it all by yourself, I'm all ears. Otherwise, shut it.

LOL. Your question makes zero sense. (Of course, if you knew that, you wouldn't be asking it would you?) Don't embarrass yourself.

As an aside, using your (abjectly silly) criterion, unless you design, manufacture, and sell Apple products, you should follow your own advice and 'shut it' about all things Apple? Indeed, do the right thing (by your own reckoning) and quit this forum?
  • Reply 22 of 27
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    More reasons what this is a dumb idea (but sadly looks like a for sure thing):

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/6099227/five-things-apple-beats-deal
  • Reply 23 of 27
    taniwhataniwha Posts: 347member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

What I told you is simply the law. It's not that complicated.

You're welcome to check with your 'experts' (and tell us what you found out, just as I did).

What if they dissolve beats?

How would the absorption of beats music into iTunes affect taxes of revenue from current subscribers?

Those are 2 of hundreds of questions that would be asked to a team of the best tax analysis money can buy.

Look, I was being nice in my first post. Let me try a different tactic. You have no idea what you're talking about because it's way over your head, my head, and any acquaintance you know. It's so complicated it needs a team.

Now if you've worked on the tax laws of an international acquisition worth $3.2billion by a domestic company- and did it all by yourself, I'm all ears. Otherwise, shut it.

LOL. Your question makes zero sense. (Of course, if you knew that, you wouldn't be asking it would you?) Don't embarrass yourself.

As an aside, using your (abjectly silly) criterion, unless you design, manufacture, and sell Apple products, you should follow your own advice and 'shut it' about all things Apple? Indeed, do the right thing (by your own reckoning) and quit this forum?

Go with him .... PLEASE !!

• Reply 24 of 27
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

*questionS

And how about I agree with you. You're all-knowing. You know more than Joseph Harpatz- who himself admitted there are so many intricacies it is impossible to know for sure all the implications unless you're on the inside. You know all tax codes both foreign and domestic. And you are an expert in billion dollar acquisitions. I humble myself before your greatness.

There, no need to further this discussion now- you win.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Paging Mike Daisey.

Great- more legal tax evasion; just the publicity Apple doesn't need.

• Reply 26 of 27
    wozwozwozwoz Posts: 263member
    The best way to save money is not to waste it on idiotic deals like this that have close to zero value. This deal suggests that Apple has lost its way, with no idea how to progress forwards ... paying far too much for too little ... starting to behave like clueless behemoths like Microsoft and Yahoo ... buying worthless junk for billions, that subsequently was shown to be worth essentially zero... by clueless management. If this progresses, I suspect Cook will be on the way out.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    wozwozwozwoz Posts: 263member

$25,000  - that's about what I'd pay for it.