124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    appleempl wrote: »

any ideas?

I'm going to take a wild guess.

The poster graphic looks like a finger pressing a pressure sensitive touch screen! Or at least that's what it looks like to me.:lol:

Yeah? Ok. Well, to me, it looks like a hand gently caressing the soft, voluptuous curves of—
    Sorry, got a bit carried away there. ????
  • Reply 62 of 67
    paxman wrote: »
    urbanverb wrote: »

No, you're right actually.

I used to cream my pants over these keynotes like any other fanboy on here but they just don't live up to all the HYPE any more. So it's difficult for me to get too excited by another software update I'm afraid!!

Let's hope I'm wrong though!
    You have to learn to manage your expectations. Or stop reading all the rumors. It is kinda frustrating when the hype is so overblown and people like you get all upset because the real event didn't live up to the hype. Realistically, what do you expect? The only way you'll have 'your mind blown' by some amazing new product or service is if you drop some acid before the announcement. That should work nicely. 

Just don't go dropping that acid on your foot if it's concentrated hydrochloric.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    apple ][ wrote: »
    rogifan wrote: »
    Last year Marissa Mayer was there, sitting right behind the Apple executives.

My father bought some YHOO some months ago, and I told him not to, but that didn't help.

He's still in the red with that stock.

My father is a terrible investor. He makes most decisions based 100% on emotions.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as his emotions are 100% correct. ????
  • Reply 64 of 67
    malax wrote: »
    rogifan wrote: »
    Since this event was live streamed in 2012 and 2013 I don't think we should read anything into it. This is one event that Apple seems to reliably stream.
    We have a winner.  This is only "news" in that if they had announced they weren't live streaming it would be news.

The difference this year is the large number of placeholders for the sessions, which points to something big.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    gtr wrote: »
    urbanverb wrote: »
    Oh whoopidy do... an update to a phone operating system. BIG frickin' deal!!

Are you crazy?

An Apple keynote is so much more than that.

I sit huddled lying in bed next to my girlfriend at 3.00 am in the morning, trying not to wake her as I sometimes genuinely laugh out loud at the jokes from Phil, Craig, and others, amaze at the reveals, and feel horrible for those who sometimes have their demos go wrong (poor Anki Cars).

Since discovering Apple a few years ago, that special 'Christmas Eve' feeling comes a few times a year to our household.

And was there anything more exciting than a 'one more thing' from Steve Jobs?

WWDC Keynotes: Love 'em.

I'm looking forward to seeing this year the Apple TV that transforms into a health-monitoring watch which then turns into a car when you want to travel, which then it folds out into a fully smart-controlled house when you find a nice place that you'd like to live...

Ha ha! You should make her sleep on the couch, so you don't have to worry about disturbing her. ????
  • Reply 66 of 67
    pcftwpcftw Posts: 3member

I can't wait! i hope they release the first decent apple product since the apple 2 computer!

or anything shiny, i like sparkly shiny things! like chrome!

it doesn't have to do anything, just be shiny!!!!