Apple's Cook says Beats buy provides head start in subscription-based music streaming

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    msimpsonmsimpson Posts: 452member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

And then some.

The trolling is getting really pathetic. Have some dignity.

Your high and mighty passing of judgement on all others is pathetic.  You have no dignity.

Questioning the spending of $3 Billion by Apple on a music service and two guys is not trolling.  A lot of people question why Apple would spend so much on something they would have created on their own in the past.  I have been a Tim Cook fan, but I have to question this move.

• Reply 22 of 30
    msimpson wrote: »
    Your high and mighty passing of judgement on all others is pathetic.  You have no dignity.

Questioning the spending of $3 Billion by Apple on a music service and two guys is not trolling.  A lot of people question why Apple would spend so much on something they would have created on their own in the past.  I have been a Tim Cook fan, but I have to question this move.

Ok.

There's a difference between questioning and trolling. But thanks for your input.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    msimpson wrote: »
     A lot of people question why Apple would spend so much on something they would have created on their own in the past.  I have been a Tim Cook fan, but I have to question this move.

Not all of Apple's in-house creations have been home runs. Numerous examples come to mind.

It's done. Move along.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

$3Billion worth?

Use your brain for a moment.

Apple has hundreds of millions of credit cards on file. Apple now has a very sticky new service with Beats. Even if Apple converts 10% of those cards it translates to a reliable, large, revenue stream that will only get larger because this is the future of the music industry.

Apple is also in the cross platform business now. They can fight Spotify, and Google Play music on Windows Phone, Windows PC, Android, Mac and iOS further expanding their potential customer pool.

I use Beats' music service and it's freaking awesome, and interface is way ahead of Spotify and GPM. Dare I say, Apple like.

• Reply 25 of 30
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member

I don't understand.

Why not buying Soundcloud instead?

• Reply 26 of 30
    Apple will still continue the app support on competing platforms I assume. Other wise can see some angry android cusotomers mad at being cut off and the single person with a windows phone would be mad.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Maybe the reason music sales are falling is because music sounds too mass produced these days, nothing to do with subscription vs buy vs radio vs ...

• Reply 28 of 30
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    And then some.

The trolling is getting really pathetic. Have some dignity.

Beyond pathetic. They're feeding off each other like bitter, jealous gossips. What's most disgusting is they seem proud of themselves.

Anyway, I've enjoyed your posts, since you're among the ones who get the significance of this deal.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    smaffeismaffei Posts: 237member

Why not just buy Spotify? Then use that as a backdoor to music purchases on Android. Beats only has 250,000 customers.

• Reply 30 of 30
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by msimpson View Post

Both of you have points.

You are right about questioning not being trolling.

Patchy is right because quite a lot of us know Pazuzu's posting history.