Apple's rumored smart home platform may not live up to hype, report says

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Passbook is exactly what this reminds me of. It was a huge letdown. I've used it, but it is hardly user-friendly, and didn't deliver the promise they hype anticipated. 

i dont follow this. it's an e-ticket system...i show up at the airport, my ticket shows up on my lockscreen for barcode scanning. how is it not user friendly, or a let-down? how much excitement were you expecting to reap from a barcode manager!?

• Reply 42 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

Way to go AppleInsider! Way to go!! Is it time for this Web site to just go away?

if AI goes away, then where will all of us banned by the MacRumors ninnies go?

• Reply 43 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I posted a comment in that thread about how ridiculous and detrimental it is to speculate so much based in so little info. Looks like I'm probably right.

youre on a rumors site, dude. let it go.

• Reply 44 of 53
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

I don't live in a McMansion so I just flick a switch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoC View Post

One thing I know for sure is Apple is not going to make crap products.

Just buy them. Beats

• Reply 45 of 53
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

youre on a rumors site, dude. let it go.

No, there’s a difference in reporting a somewhat substantiated rumor and reporting what some complete moron makes up.

• Reply 46 of 53
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    jkichline wrote: »
    So I guess we are now at the "rumors of the demise of Apple caused by rumors of new products that were rumored to be announced at WWDC to be rumored to not be announced" stage.

Ugh. Tuesday can't get here soon enough!

Or Monday, even!
  • Reply 47 of 53
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

I really hate the concept of rumors chasing rumors.

• Reply 48 of 53
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Or Monday, even!

I think that might have been too subtle.

[@]jkichline[/@], unlike most Apple events which do place on Tuesday the WWDC keynote is on Monday morning to kick off the week long developer sessions. So you have less than 20 hours to go. Practically zero if you take a couple Ambien right now.
  • Reply 49 of 53
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Very disappointing - if true. Apple would need something that's very ambitious in this field, if it's to make a mark, and get one up on its competitors.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

Very disappointing - if true.

It would be disappointing that Apple doesn’t live up to COMPLETELY MADE UP SPECULATION ABOUT SOMETHING THERE IS NO HINTING WHATSOEVER THEY ARE DOING, would it?

• Reply 51 of 53
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

Wow cycle of rumor, hype, dispelling of the myth, and hopeless despair now fits into 24 hours.

What's next?  1 pm.  New rumor of Apple product!

1:05 pm ELATION!

1:15 RUMOR AND HOPES DASHED

1:22 APPLE IS DOOMED

1:30 NEXT RUMOR!

Yesterdays rumor about the day before and about the rumor from the day before the day before's rumor has proven to be hype which was hyped last week and the week before that based on last month's rumor of hype about last years rumor!

• Reply 52 of 53
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    512ke wrote: »
    Wow cycle of rumor, hype, dispelling of the myth, and hopeless despair now fits into 24 hours.

What's next?  1 pm.  New rumor of Apple product!
    1:05 pm ELATION!
    1:15 RUMOR AND HOPES DASHED
    1:22 APPLE IS DOOMED

1:30 NEXT RUMOR!

What's amusing is this rumor turned out to be true. And oddly, the Beats one. That one was annoyingly persistent, I didn't think it would be true.
  • Reply 53 of 53
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

What's amusing is this rumor turned out to be true. And oddly, the Beats one. That one was annoyingly persistent, I didn't think it would be true.

It reminded me of the television rumor, because both involved rumors on top of rumors including rumors of developmental details.