OS X Yosemite runs on same Macs as Mavericks, but iOS 8 drops support for iPhone 4

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71
    arlorarlor Posts: 532member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I can't help it! ????

You gotta bet that some of Apple's more technical people's eyes are twitching, though!

• Reply 62 of 71
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

10.10 is the same thing as 10.1. ????

ducks

No.

OS X has gone to 10.x.11 before. (I believe it was 10.4 Tiger.)

Not a big deal.

• Reply 63 of 71
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LJC94512 View Post

Guys I am now thinking what about iOS 9.  What devices do you think iOS 9 will support?

Apologies, but your post reminded me of 'Who's Line Is It Anyway?'. They'd have these games where the contestants had some random trait and someone had to guess who they are.

You'd be Ryan Stiles and your character would be "guy who is living 10 months in the future and cannot wait for the next iOS update from Apple"!!

• Reply 64 of 71
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

You'd be Ryan Stiles and your character would be "guy who is living 10 months in the future and cannot wait for the next iOS update from Apple"!!

And then Colin comes along and starts licking him.

Wayne: “Colin is… an Android user?” *ding ding ding*

• Reply 65 of 71
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member

In one way i am glad Apple continue to support Mac which is now 6! years old. On the other hand I really wish Apple could push things forward. 

• Reply 66 of 71
    webweaselwebweasel Posts: 137member
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1

[quote]They really should drop the 2007 iMac. It's almost unusable under Mavericks with 4GB of RAM. There are just too many services running in the background and that's just going to increase in Yosemite.[/quote]

That's interesting, I'm running the exact same model with 4gb RAM and it's fine under Mavericks. Out of interest, does yours have the ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT graphics card or the Pro version?
  • Reply 67 of 71
    webweaselwebweasel Posts: 137member
    Double post
  • Reply 68 of 71
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by helia View Post

That means that all iPads that were capable of running iOS 6 and iOS 7 7 will be able to install the iOS 8 upgrade.

Kindly fix the typo.

Almost - the jury is still out on iOS 77, though on balance, I'm not entirely sure that all of the current iPads will be supported, though I wouldn't rule it out. ????

• Reply 69 of 71
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LJC94512 View Post

Guys I am now thinking what about iOS 9.  What devices do you think iOS 9 will support?

Apologies, but your post reminded me of 'Who's Line Is It Anyway?'. They'd have these games where the contestants had some random trait and someone had to guess who they are.

You'd be Ryan Stiles and your character would be "guy who is living 10 months in the future and cannot wait for the next iOS update from Apple"!!

I predict that iOS 9 will support the iPod Touch, the iPhone and the iPad.

What do you think iOS 10 will support?

• Reply 70 of 71
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ksec View Post

In one way i am glad Apple continue to support Mac which is now 6! years old. On the other hand I really wish Apple could push things forward. 

Your post appears to come from another reality. Hope you're enjoying it there.

• Reply 71 of 71

I'm using a 2007 iMac w/3GB of memory on 10.10 seems to run fine, just a little slower than my MBP. Considering spending the $30 for the 2nd 2GB stick....