New Beats by Dre promo film prominently features iPhone 5s

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I see the resemblance but the girl in the video was too classy looking to be Nicki Manaj, IMO.

Edit: You were right. That is Nicki Minaj.........

She's actually quite attractive when she's not doing her shtick. I recently saw a picture of her in a classy dress and a regular hair style and color and she looked rather lovely. Props to [@]SolipsismX[/@] for a good eye.

Edit: this is not the exact picture I saw but you can see how different she looks dressed up proper.

• Reply 22 of 43
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    This is why Apple had to spend $3B on Beats. I wish Apple would sell off the headphone business. But since that's highly unlikely I hope Ive and team improve the product.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/azafar/arrogant-apple-managers-are-the-reason-apple-needs-beats
  • Reply 23 of 43
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    You headphones stick out more than black or white Beat's Urbeats SE in-ear phones. And I'd say your brown leather and pewter looking phones probably stand out more than Beats black and charcoal over-the-ear phones.
    I was just in a Best Buy yesterday. I saw a shit load of Beats headphones but NONE were in-ear. In fact I had a hard time finding any decent in-ear headphones there. The only ones they had were cheap Skullcandy and Sony ones - that were less than $20. I'd be curious to know how many people buying Beats headphones are buying the in-ear ones. Are they ever featured in Beats ads?
  • Reply 24 of 43
    leavingthebiggleavingthebigg Posts: 1,291member

I had not heard of the X Ambassadors until tonight. I just purchased the "Jungle" song off iTunes using Touch ID. Sweet tune with a very sweet promo film ad.

• Reply 25 of 43
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    A real coup would be Apple acquiring the Sennheiser family and making it an independent subsidiary, along-side Beats.

There's no reason for Apple to buy Sennheiser. Apple isn't getting into the headphone business.

Apple bought Beats because Apple is trying to strengthen its position in the music business.

solipsismx wrote: »
    You headphones stick out more than black or white Beat's Urbeats SE in-ear phones. And I'd say your brown leather and pewter looking phones probably stand out more than Beats black and charcoal over-the-ear phones.

Beats are fashion statements unlike Sennheisers. Younger people love Beats because Dr. Dre and company did an excellent job connecting the fashionable headphones to celebrities, athletes, and musicians.

That's why Beats will "stick out" moreso than Sennhesiers. Likewise Apple products may not be flashy but they "stick out" because they are fashion statements that represent the brand.

rogifan wrote: »
    This is why Apple had to spend $3B on Beats. I wish Apple would sell off the headphone business. But since that's highly unlikely I hope Ive and team improve the product.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/azafar/arrogant-apple-managers-are-the-reason-apple-needs-beats

I don't believe that story at all.

For one it's on Buzzfeed...

Apple's deal with Beats wasn't just about the music streaming service.

Personally I think it was to use both companies synergies in the music industry to make great new products and services for consumers. It also doesn't hurt that Beats is wildly popular among young adults and the brand has high value and a strong reputation.
  • Reply 26 of 43
    leavingthebiggleavingthebigg Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

People need a story to downgrade Apple. These clowns had a few weeks to come up with negative stories, but could not really claim anything about Apple's management until after Apple announced the purchase. Now there will be a flood of negative stories written about how Apple had lost its way and desperately needed the Beats purchase to help it walk into the light once more. They forget the true facts that Amazon, Google and every other business were also selling less digital music. They also forget the fact that Amazon is now getting into streaming music. They forget the fact that Samsung is still trying to find its way into streaming music after shutting down its iTunes competitor recently. Pandora and Spotify are stating they are not worried about Apple/Beats. Let's read what they are saying after one year of the Apple/Beats union.

• Reply 27 of 43
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Are they ever featured in Beats ads?

That's the only Beats ad I've seen and that's specifically advertising the upcoming Solo 2 which are only over-the-ear. Note that the Solo 2's are suppose to be more balanced with less bass.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

There's no reason for Apple to buy Sennheiser. Apple isn't getting into the headphone business.

Apple bought Beats because Apple is trying to strengthen its position in the music business.

Beats are fashion statements unlike Sennheisers. Younger people love Beats because Dr. Dre and company did an excellent job connecting the fashionable headphones to celebrities, athletes, and musicians.

That's why Beats will "stick out" moreso than Sennhesiers. Likewise Apple products may not be flashy but they "stick out" because they are fashion statements that represent the brand.

I don't believe that story at all.

For one it's on Buzzfeed...

Apple's deal with Beats wasn't just about the music streaming service.

Personally I think it was to use both companies synergies in the music industry to make great new products and services for consumers. It also doesn't hurt that Beats is wildly popular among young adults and the brand has high value and a strong reputation.

Yes they are most definitely getting into the Headphone business.

• Reply 29 of 43
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,268member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

A perfect thread for pazuzu and he's not here??!!

What has the world come to...   lol

Shh! Let sleeping trolls lie*!

*That is a pun by the way

• Reply 30 of 43
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    In a year from now, that Beats heaphone set may resemble its trademarked look, but the guts will be designed in Cupertino.

Apple's audio expertise is laughable. You're not serious
  • Reply 31 of 43
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Glad I'm late to this thread. I too will NEVER buy anything Beats. The sound simply sucks. Always has. Bad rep with anyone who listens to music. Rapster and hip hop drek.
  • Reply 32 of 43
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Glad I'm late to this thread. I too will NEVER buy anything Beats. The sound simply sucks. Always has. Bad rep with anyone who listens to music. Rapster and hip hop drek.

"Always has" doesn't means "always will". 

Apple's audio expertise has always been trying to get the best sound from a very small speaker. Not an easy task.

Now they have the chance to concentrate on the speakers and the sound instead of speakers being an add on thought.

Until we can hear what they are going to do with it, we can't comment. 

The real reason you'd "never buy anything beats is the same reason you are an Android phone owner. You can't afford anything better.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MessagePad2100 View Post

I'll still never waste money on Beats.

Never say never. Things change, especially under new management.

• Reply 33 of 43
    Actually, ear buds look much cooler than the back-from-the-1970s headphones.
  • Reply 34 of 43

But are so much worse for one's hearing.
  • Reply 35 of 43
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSince86 View Post

Which are based on back to the 1940's pilot's headphones.

• Reply 36 of 43
    wwinter86wwinter86 Posts: 50member
    The article forgets to mention that a Macbook can also be seen in the video.
  • Reply 37 of 43
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Is that Nikki Minaj making a cameo at the 2m:38s mark?

I see the resemblance but the girl in the video was too classy looking to be Nicki Manaj, IMO.

Edit: You were right. That is Nicki Manaj along with cameos by: Neymar, LeBron James, Bacary Sagna, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Blaise Matuidi, Cesc Fàbregas, Daniel Sturridge, Chicharito, Jozy Altidore, Luis Suárez, Mario Götze, Robin van Persie, Lil Wayne, Rafaella Beckran, Serena Williams, Sydney Leroux, Stuart Scott, Rio Ferdinand and Thierry Henry.

Maybe Dr. Dre asked her to step-up the classiness a little. She's not wearing half the makeup I'm used to seeing her wear. Almost makes her unrecognizable.

I don't know who half of them are but that's simply an indication of how old I've become. 8-) 

Out of your long list, I recognised one of them: Rio Ferdinand.

I have almost no interest in the football, but I hope Brazil win.

• Reply 38 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

... major stretch, if a person didn't know the iPhone by camera location or the design- no one would know that is an iPhone. They don't show the logo or anything. Also, they only show the phone for the first minute or so, that is not prominent.

Whine, whine, whine!

IMMEDIATELY

RECOGNISABLE

BRANDS!

Apple and...garlic bread?

• Reply 39 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSince86 View Post

But are so much worse for one's hearing.

All headphones are inadvisable to use. Much better to use speakers.

• Reply 40 of 43
    All headphones are inadvisable to use. Much better to use speakers.

True but we're not afforded that luxury much of the time.