Craig Federighi kicks off Apple's WWDC 2014 Bash featuring Bastille

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Wait, did drblank approve this band? They sing about "Bad Blood".

*this will never get old.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    leavingthebiggleavingthebigg Posts: 1,291member

CF impressed me last year and raised the bar this year. I am starting to think Apple would be in great hands software-wise with him at the helm.

The supply chain has me nervous though. Once Tim Cook leaves Apple, a supply chain genius will be lost. Yes, I know Tim is probably training people to do his job, but how many people can step into his shoes to become CEO of Apple and continue to manage the supply chain and continue to produce astronomical earnings (and profits) the way Tim has? Tim is doing something Steve Jobs MOST DEFINITELY could not do!

I know I started with this response about Craig and finished with Tim, but I think it is time to give praise where praise is due... Way to go,Tim!  Way to go!!!!!!!!!

And, Craig, please keep up the awesome work! iOS and OS X are getting better and better and better with you at the helm!! Thank you!!!

• Reply 23 of 43
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    mpantone wrote: »
    Maybe Active/Club One? They're a high-end SF-based sports club that operates in-house gyms for corporate clients.

There might be an arrangement to use their outside ("public") facilities; some might take advantage of this if they'd rather work out at a facility closer to where they live, rather than drive to the gym on the Apple campus.

Not that it really matters to the public which gym he works out at.

A lot of larger corporations have negotiated discounted memberships with premium gym chains anyhow.
    Could be Sports Club/LA.
  • Reply 24 of 43
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Hey let's not knock Elvis impersonators. At the very least those guys have some fun while fooling no body.
    And a dozen Elvis impersonators.
  • Reply 25 of 43
    michael scripmichael scrip Posts: 1,916member
    mpantone wrote: »
    Maybe Active/Club One? They're a high-end SF-based sports club that operates in-house gyms for corporate clients.

There might be an arrangement to use their outside ("public") facilities; some might take advantage of this if they'd rather work out at a facility closer to where they live, rather than drive to the gym on the Apple campus.

Not that it really matters to the public which gym he works out at.

A lot of larger corporations have negotiated discounted memberships with premium gym chains anyhow.

Didn't Jony Ive just buy a $17 million house? I would imagine it has an elaborate home gym (and a theater, bowling alley, shark tank, etc...)

:D
  • Reply 26 of 43
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Federighi is the real rock star!

Yes he is.

Cook Lovine Que and Dre all pale in comparison. 

• Reply 27 of 43
    jungmark wrote: »

No, but he would no doubt tell us that "not everyone at Apple is happy with this choice of band" and that the next executive to quit will be because of it. The band also reflects poorly on Tim Cook's performance as CEO. And Steve would never choose this band.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    jungmark wrote: »

Haha awesome.

One of the many great things about Craig during the keynote was the call to the non-Dr. Blank-approved Dr. Dre with Craig being an admitted geek-type while still talking to this hip-hip exec without missing a beat (although I did see Craig slightly fumbling with what looked like a script for the call). It just put a big smile on my face that Apple looks to be in great hands.
  • Reply 29 of 43
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

CF impressed me last year and raised the bar this year. I am starting to think Apple would be in great hands software-wise with him at the helm.

The supply chain has me nervous though. Once Tim Cook leaves Apple, a supply chain genius will be lost. Yes, I know Tim is probably training people to do his job, but how many people can step into his shoes to become CEO of Apple and continue to manage the supply chain and continue to produce astronomical earnings (and profits) the way Tim has? Tim is doing something Steve Jobs MOST DEFINITELY could not do!

I know I started with this response about Craig and finished with Tim, but I think it is time to give praise where praise is due... Way to go,Tim!  Way to go!!!!!!!!!

And, Craig, please keep up the awesome work! iOS and OS X are getting better and better and better with you at the helm!! Thank you!!!

Amen. Cook dies not get enough credit. The guy is obviously a workaholic, ultra-passionate about Apple and his job, and seems to be the best possible leader Apple could have at thhis point in time. Unfortunately, anything positive from his leadership is attributed to "coasting after Jobs" and anything negative perceived at Apple, he takes personal blame for. I think to any objective, informed observer, he's done an absolutely incredible job. And I think we'll have even more evidence of that this fall. 

• Reply 30 of 43
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Wonders who will pay to play at Samsung's Tizen World Developers Conference...? image

That Gangnam style bloke...

...what was his name again?

One

hit

wonder.

• Reply 31 of 43
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Jony Ive happens to go to the same gym that I do in downtown SF.  I've bumped into him numerous times, sometimes literally as we're trying to get to wherever we're wanting to go in there.  He is a genuinely nice guy, and incredibly polite.  He is a little quiet, but only because (I think) he wants to keep a low-profile and not be a fan-magnet.  Just an everyday normal guy. :)

...with a Bentley.

• Reply 32 of 43
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

One hit wonder.

I dunno; the pistachio ad was…

I can’t finish that sentence with a straight face.

• Reply 33 of 43
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    hill60 wrote: »
    ...with a Bentley.
    The CEO of my company drives a Bentley. I did a double take driving through the company parking garage one day when I saw it. Definitely stands out in a place when the next most expensive car you might see is a Mercedes.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    hill60 wrote: »
    That Gangnam style bloke...

...what was his name again?

One

hit

wonder.

I don't remember the name, but that was so two-three years ago. I could look it up but I don't wanna summon the neurons. ;)
  • Reply 35 of 43
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

It's not a "public" gym per se, and it definitely is much more expensive to be a member there than "24 Hour Fitness".  The membership dues alone is enough to keep the regular public out of there.  I don't see him there too often, maybe once a month but I think it's more to do with our erratic work hours than anything else.

No, it's not the Equinox.  Unless he makes it public, Out of respect for the guy, I'll keep the name and location private. :)

Very good of you. 

I also agree with all the praise for Craig Federighi. He did an excellent job. Made it very enjoyable. He gave new meaning to the phrase, "having the audience eating out of his hand!" :)

Before I focused on the end of the sentence, I thought you had written, "having the audience eating out of his hair!" ????

• Reply 36 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

There's a joke to be made about bad blood, Yosemite, rocks and getting blood from a stone.

I look forward to reading it.

• Reply 37 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

How many people can step into his shoes? One. Have faith. But I enjoyed your post!

• Reply 38 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Quote:

Federighi is the real rock star!

Yes he is.

Cook Lovine Que and Dre all pale in comparison. 

Que - che?

• Reply 39 of 43
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Que - che?

Cue?
  • Reply 40 of 43
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Que - che?

Quote: