Apple taking steps to remove illegitimate reviews from App Store

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    oneaburnsoneaburns Posts: 354member
    I used to like it better when their reviews were sorted by most recent. That way if the app wasn't functioning right you could see posts about it there.

What Apple really needs go after are the developers that spam redirects to the their app in the app store. I can visit a completely innocuous site and I get redirected to download Candy Crush Saga or some other game made by King. (It's almost always King.) I've never played any of their games nor do I have any intention to. But Apple does nothing about it because they're making money too.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    oneaburnsoneaburns Posts: 354member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    I stopped using ‘customer’ reviews of anything some years ago. It had become apparent that customer reviews are useless, rigged, and paid for. Samsung got caught red handed paying people to trash HTC. I vividly remember the day the iPhone was announced in 2007. C|net had a review section that was full of hundreds of negative comments from so-called users. Strange that the product wasn’t even available for sale yet. 

These days I completely ignore the review sections. Funny that before the purchase of Beats by Apple their products were given generally acceptable reviews by so-called users. Once Apple bought Beats the reviews turned into spiteful, vitriolic, hate filled diatribes. Now only stupid people buy Beats products, the same stupid people who buy Apple products.
    Amazon has a good and robust review section. They are one of the few.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    lightbowlightbow Posts: 16member
    This would be wonderful. I was sad to see a bunch of solicitation emails right after I posted my first app on the app store offering me tons of fake reviews (and Facebook likes) in exchange for money. It's ridiculous. I've so far maintained the moral high ground by not paying for reviews, and not requiring my users to like me on Facebook to unlock content, but it is certainly frustrating to see my competitors get a bump in the rankings when they engage in such campaigns. I'm all for a major crackdown.