Apple issues OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks beta to developers with bug fixes

Posted:
in macOS edited June 2014
One week after seeding the last OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks beta, Apple on Thursday issued to developers a new build of the upcoming maintenance update, with the latest version coming with minor bug fixes and minor tweaks.

The latest OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks build 13E25 continues Apple's usual one-week release interval and follows build 13E19 seeded last week.

Thursday's release focuses on the same areas, including Graphics Drivers, Safari, Bluetooth, Audio Drivers, Finder and the App Store.

The initial seed was issued at the end of May following the public release of OS X 10.9.3. Along with developers, Apple announced a limited number of consumers can also take part in testing out betas seeds.

Developers can download the latest builds via Apple's Developer Portal or Software Update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Praying to the higher ups that they fix the issues with Finer and super slow SMB connection issues that have plagued Mavericks. From what I can tell Yosemite fixes it, so hopefully it will come to Mavericks.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Today is Wednesday
  • Reply 3 of 8
    konqerrorkonqerror Posts: 685member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rexbinary View Post

Today is Wednesday

Not in some parts of the world...

• Reply 4 of 8
    njohan81njohan81 Posts: 12member
    @soundvision
    I think the Mavericks slowdowns on Finder is as simple as al the side short ways to cloud options. If you only have like your HDD etc on the left side of Finder, everything goes smother.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    dcj001dcj001 Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by njohan81 View Post

@soundvision

I think the Mavericks slowdowns on Finder is as simple as al the side short ways to cloud options. If you only have like your HDD etc on the left side of Finder, everything goes smother.

But, to better reduce the slowdowns, it is important to use an SSD, instead of an HDD.

• Reply 6 of 8
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by njohan81 View Post

@soundvision

I am not sure what you mean by "the side short ways to cloud Options". I am really confused by the next statement "your HDD etc on the left side of Finder". What the heck?

In all my years of computing and developing I have never heard of the HDD being geographically located relative to the Finder. The HDD is a piece of hardware used for storage (of lots of small pieces)  that is formatted to look like a bunch of little places to put pieces of files, the Finder is a tool used to help people abstractly think of all these pieces as whole files and folders with a hierarchical relationship to make it easier to organize. There is no left or right or up or down AFAIK? Possibly a language barrier?

• Reply 7 of 8
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I am not sure what you mean by "the side short ways to cloud Options". I am really confused by the next statement "your HDD etc on the left side of Finder". What the heck?

In all my years of computing and developing I have never heard of the HDD being geographically located relative to the Finder. The HDD is a piece of hardware used for storage (of lots of small pieces)  that is formatted to look like a bunch of little places to put pieces of files, the Finder is a tool used to help people abstractly think of all these pieces as whole files and folders with a hierarchical relationship to make it easier to organize. There is no left or right or up or down AFAIK? Possibly a language barrier?

So ... are you telling me Australians HDDs don't have all the data upside down? :D
  • Reply 8 of 8
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

So ... are you telling me Australians HDDs don't have all the data upside down? image

LOL ... I thought the HDD's spun in the opposite direction below the equator.