Apple releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 with fixes for Wi-Fi, wake from sleep

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 72
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    mstone wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    Outlook on Windows gives an error (993 I believe) "IMAP server closed the connection imap.gmail.com ..."

We've been using daily IMAP Gmail with Outlook with no issues.

Well there we have it, sort of proving that Mail on OSX workshop just fine. Because your Outlook works ok, mine doesn't, so it looks like these cases are isolated from the majority. The stupid thing is we go months without any issues, and then it returns, without any indication as to why it returned. The only thing that PC is doing is updating when MS releases updates. Completely unrelated to the 993 error, closing an IMAP session.

Oh well, not my PC anyway.
  • Reply 62 of 72
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Maybe you need your Mac fixing. Try Disk Warrior.

The other ten clients running Mavericks in my office. We all suffer from the same problems. Even my home machines have the problem.

• Reply 63 of 72
    I've found that a decent email app is one you have to pay for. I didn't even use Apple Mail *before* I purchased Unibox (which is a great%u2014if a bit beta at this point%u2014app) because a) it didn't work, b) it's about as customizable as a human limb, and c) it was (is) hideous.
  • Reply 64 of 72
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member

Safari seems snappier.

• Reply 65 of 72
    aussiepaulaussiepaul Posts: 144member

Hi guys,

Does anyone know more information about the fix to "some computers re-connecting to known networks"?

My mum's computer is having similar problems (a late 2010 Macbook Air) and I'm trying to diagnose this remotely which is very difficult since she has no internet access...

• Reply 66 of 72
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiepaul View Post

Hi guys,

Does anyone know more information about the fix to "some computers re-connecting to known networks"?

My mum's computer is having similar problems (a late 2010 Macbook Air) and I'm trying to diagnose this remotely which is very difficult since she has no internet access...

You may get better luck if you repost under Genius Bar/Mac Hardware.

Presuming she's on Mavericks, Network Preferences (in System Preferences) is probably where she needs to go. Then Assist Me or Diagnostics. Diagnostics will attempt to force the Mac to connect.

There are others here who may give you more detailed advice.

• Reply 67 of 72
    Dear Apple, So this is supposed to fix the wake from sleep problem...right. Here's a clue. It didn't. Still happens. Try again.
  • Reply 68 of 72
    oristeoriste Posts: 10member
    "OS X 10.9.4 only received two betas before Monday's launch to the public. The first developer beta was supplied at the end of May."

Afaik this is the cycle of betas for 10.9.4

1) an internal beta seed on May 2nd,
    2) 13E9 on May 27th (a bit contentious, this was yanked almost immediately, to be replaced by a 13E9a) you never reported on it, reddit an other channels did ,
    3) 13E16 on June 11th (http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/06/11/apple-releases-os-x-1094-mavericks-beta-with-new-focus-areas-safari-705-seed),
    4) 13E19 on June 19th (http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/06/19/apple-issues-os-x-1094-mavericks-beta-to-developers-with-no-major-changes) and
    5) 13E25 on June 26th (http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/06/25/apple-issues-os-x-1094-mavericks-beta-to-developers-with-no-major-changes).

That's 5 betas, 4 when not counting the internal seed.
  • Reply 69 of 72
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    aplnub wrote: »
    The other ten clients running Mavericks in my office. We all suffer from the same problems. Even my home machines have the problem.

No reason to assume all drives in question don't have directory issues. It's rare to find one that doesn't. If they don't after trying Disk Warrior I'd suggest trying Aperture, it's going to around for a while.
  • Reply 70 of 72
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,107member
    I never experienced the network problem on my iMac, but my MBA was another story. It would lose the connection if I closed it for just 5 minutes and not find it when back on, unless I selected the correct network manually. Installed the update last night, and that seems to have fixed it. Everything else appears to be fine.
  • Reply 71 of 72
    Direct Download Link : Visit This Page

https://www.facebook.com/anjomanetakhasosinarmafzarmobile?ref=hl

100 % Free & Downloaded from the Mac Store

in 6 Part 1 Gig
  • Reply 72 of 72
    coolfishcoolfish Posts: 27member
    Still haven't fixed remembering multiple monitor arrangement. What a goddamn pain in the butt. Apple, WTF.