Rumor: Apple's 'iPhone 6' to launch on Sept. 25, larger 5.5" version dubbed 'iPhone Air'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post

It means Apple EXPECTS people to use a method other than hand-to-head to make sounds go into the phone.

… No. It means they gave the option.

That means *IF* Apple releases a bigger phone, the issue of clown head isn't necessarily a problem because there's a simple, free alternative.

Or, you know, no; maybe people want to use their devices the way that every single last one of them for the past 140 years have been used.

It's seems you're just trying to "win" some kind of contest that only you perceive. I thought we were just exchanging points of view. If we're arguing, I concede. You win. I don't really care whether you agree with me or not.

Thanks for acknowledging that you were wrong. Because you were. You’re the one who has now magically made this into a contest. The iPhone has had headphones since its inception because it’s based on the iPod model. The iPhone has had a microphone on the headphones since its inception because, since it is based on the iPod model, the thought arose to Apple that maybe, just maybe, someone would receive a call while using it as an iPod. And, since use as an iPod carries with it an inherent assumption that one’s hands are busy during that time (never mind that you have something in your ears), the microphone on the cable was a logical choice to let the user answer the call before it stopped ringing. It had nothing to do with the size of the device. Remember, this was back when the iPhone was 3.5”, and that was “too big”; Apple was guaranteed to release a 2.5” phone in mid-2008.

But from what I’m told now, that’s not even a consideration. After all, no one uses the iPhone as a phone anymore. So it doesn’t matter how big it is. It can be so big that it can’t fit into pockets! After all, everyone is holding their phone in their hands constantly. Just not up to their faces, because, again, it’s not used as a phone. No one would ever need the use of one or two of their hands for any other purpose than to interact with their device.

Anyway, think we’ll start to get complaints that the earpiece and mouthpiece are now too far away from each other? Oh, but what am I saying; no one uses it as a phone anymore…

• Reply 62 of 62
    rcraw1rcraw1 Posts: 1member

YES, I'M ON OF THE WOMEN THAT WILL BY THE IPHONE 6 5.5. YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO DO . I HAVE A SAMSUNG NOTE 3 AND I LOVE IT YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING I NO LONG HAVE TO CARRY A PHONE AND MY IPAD ONE DEVICE IS ALL I NEED. DO NOT GET ME WRONG I LOVE APPLE PROUDUCTS. AS SOON A THE IPHONE 6 5.5 SCREEN COME OUT I WILL BE BUYING. AND YES IT WILL FILT IN YOUR POCKETS