China's state-owned media calls iOS location tracking a 'national security concern'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    netrox wrote: »
    cant help the irony of the whole press release... a commie state is complaining about the privacy "issue" in iPhone? !?!?! 

Yes, because every country's government is deeply involved in spying. It's one of the "monopoly" government functions they reserve for their own job security.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    lmaclmac Posts: 206member

Ask yourself this: "Wouldn't the Chinese government love to keep track of where all of its citizens are at any given moment, even better than they do now?" Since the answer to that is clearly and emphatically "YES!!!" what is this really about? It's about favoring Chinese made alternatives to Apple products.

Also, does China actually have any state secrets of any value that it hasn't stolen from others? What a joke! Maybe those Chinese government hackers who were trying to steal stuff from Boeing accidentally announced on Foursquare that they were the mayor of the secret facility in Beijing?

• Reply 63 of 66
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,248member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

You don't know all US government documents are confidential and classified? 

Actually, you are misinformed on this. US government documents can be unclassified and freely available to the public. They can also be sensitive, only viewed by a certain people in specific countries and of course there are several levels of confidential and classified documents with all sorts of access restrictions. There are also export controlled documents, which can be viewed by Americans but not sent outside this country. 

I do know what I'm talking about. I worked for the US government for over 30 years and know this topic very well.

• Reply 64 of 66
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rob53 View Post

Actually, you are misinformed on this. US government documents can be unclassified and freely available to the public. They can also be sensitive, only viewed by a certain people in specific countries and of course there are several levels of confidential and classified documents with all sorts of access restrictions. There are also export controlled documents, which can be viewed by Americans but not sent outside this country. 

I do know what I'm talking about. I worked for the US government for over 30 years and know this topic very well.

Do you realize you are supporting my statements?  You gave several examples of US documents that are classified and confidential.  You failed to give a few examples of US documents that are available to the public.  

• Reply 65 of 66
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,248member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

Do you realize you are supporting my statements?  You gave several examples of US documents that are classified and confidential.  You failed to give a few examples of US documents that are available to the public.  

I told you all documents are NOT confidential or classified. That is not supporting your statement. If you performed a simple search, you'd find them. Here's a start. I'm not going to tell you how to find any others, that's up to you. 

http://www.archives.gov/research/alic/reference/govt-docs.html