Notes of interest from Apple's Q3 2014 conference call

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    philboogie wrote: »
    Completely OT, but I like this "Falling Android" video. Only posting because I read it as 'Failing Android', plus I haven't slept yet, and it's 9.30, so off to bed:

[VIDEO]

Oh, yeah, of course I need to make a point on the subject. Uhm, I suppose if I multiply their 13M iPads sold to Education I don't get a full calendar year iPad sales number, correctomundo?

Lol. I liked her before she turned into a vampire.

iPads are just fine. I expect them to go forth and flourish.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    macxpress wrote: »
    So Mac sales were up....where are all the whiners from the one thread a couple weeks back bitching about the prices of Macs and thats why Mac sales are down?

What do you have to say to now?

They're in the dog house. They have nothing to say, and are hanging their heads in shame.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    macxpress wrote: »
    sog35 wrote: »

iPhone sales up 55% year over year in Brazil, Russia, India, and China

I suspect this is directly related to the iPhone 5C.

So Apple was right all along.  Now the media and all the pundits on this forum need to apologize for saying the 5C was a flop...

And I expect even more massive growth when the 5C occupies the bottom level once the 6 comes out.

5C - $400
    5S - $500
    6 - $650
    6X - $750

That's a killer lineup

And everyone else on here who thought it was a stupid idea and that they wouldn't sell. We just didn't give it enough time. I don't see the C model going away anytime soon and I think this just enhances this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of upgraded 5C at some point. 

I think it just goes to show that ONLY Apple knows whats best and what it seems people wanting. Just because 1 or 2 people don't see it, doesn't mean Apple doesn't know what they're doing. Lets leave Apple to make the decisions down the road here, not the peanut gallery. 

DED and I were two of the few defenders of the 5C.

Schadenfreude.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Apple does not release sales by model

Which has never stopped WS from whining has it?

• Reply 25 of 26
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

DED and I were two of the few defenders of the 5C.

Schadenfreude.

As was I. I never thought it was a bad idea at all. Its just that first, people thought the 5C was going to be a "cheap" phone and I think some assumed it would match or maybe even outsell the 5S which I can't really say that was Apple's plan with the 5C anyways. I think that would actually have been a very bad thing.