Apple details iOS diagnostics capabilities in answer to 'backdoor' services allegations

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    I'd say quite a bit of both with a healthy dose of FUD on top.... 

I'd say you should look at the code. You can listen to the press release if you really want. The "media" is there for a reason. In my experience it's very rarely used for facts.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    colinngcolinng Posts: 116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

In that case, you should be thrown off the jury.

There are many people who think this way (or at least WANT to think this way), and thus precludes them from every comprehending that Apple is no different from Google, Facebook, or Microsoft under the surface. Once you get this big and this successful, the mafia comes in and shakes you down for everything you've got, and won't allow you to continue unless you play ball. And by mafia I of course mean government.

They were compromised years ago, I'm sure.

Yes, I'm hearing that people automatically equate "big" with negative things like "evil", "fat cat", "not innovative" etc. Size does not necessarily relate with evilness. I personally know of small businesses that are, well, downright stupid and evil. And we've seen Apple continue to innovate and change the game long after they have surpassed much smaller evil companies. 

Your comment on government - as long as you live in a democratic nation - you can't blame your government for... much. You can only blame its citizens (of whom we are) for not taking the time to stay informed or to educate others into supporting the right people. 

• Reply 43 of 44
    colinng wrote: »

Your comment on government - as long as you live in a democratic nation - you can't blame your government for... much. You can only blame its citizens (of whom we are) for not taking the time to stay informed or to educate others into supporting the right people. 

If you're speaking about the U.S., it is by no means a Democratic Nation. That's a fact.

As for paying, Apple has had a lobbying budget for years. They're paying someone. That's a fact.

I almost have to wonder if the whole e-book issue is related to a certain person telling another one that they were destined for a one term office stay. That's me going out on a limb.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    joogabah wrote: »
    Why do they say "products of services" in a sentence that most people unconsciously read as "products or services" without noticing?

To keep lawyers in business.