Rumor: Production for new iPad mini, iPad Air, & 5.5" 'iPhone 6' pushed to Sept.

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54

I may very well being buying just an iPhone 6 and forgo buying an iPad mini. I've done a complete reversal and will be looking to get a new iMac 27" for work. I'm kind of going off MBA's with their smaller screens. Must be getting old. And a stand-up desk from Ikea. 

For some reason it appeals to me just to have simple desk with an elegant iMac on it. Maybe the Beatles Abbey Road poster behind it, too.

Best.

P.S. Ikea is Swedish for "out of stock!"

• Reply 42 of 54
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    philboogie wrote: »
    If they discontinue selling a 4" iPhone, THAT would be disappointing!
    That is quite unlikely. OTOH, the 3.5" may be history....

Indeed, I just wish there were some rumours on that topic, instead of display sizes I'm not in the market for.
  • Reply 43 of 54
    layng wrote: »
    What if the 5.5 inch device is not an iPhone, but an iPad nano with full cellular capabilities? Launching in October would then make perfect sense.

I mentioned this before, too. We can only hope.

Also, please make a new 4" AAPL. Please.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    Sounds reasonable to me. iPhone 8th generation with 5.5" to release with iPad Air 2nd gen and iPad mini with retina 2nd gen. With a few MacBooks of course.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

But the "well-connected" Kuo said we'd get an iPad update in July/August. image

Kuo is "well connected" ...to AppleInsider! image

Come, now. The official title is "noted KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo."

• Reply 46 of 54
    I wonder if the iPhone 6 5.5" version rumours we keep hearing about might end up being an iPad Nano/Micro or something like that - so instead of a huge phone, simply an even smaller version of the iPad. It depends on the screen ratio rumours, of course. Or maybe a bigger iPod, like an iPod Pro. Just a thought, especially as 5.5" seems awfully large for a phone. But then again, many people don't use phones for making/receiving calls all that much, especially compared to playing games, browsing websites, messaging, reading, SNS, etc.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,033member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Somebody purchased a boatload of AMZN stock today.

Perhaps Amazon, just to prop up their stock price and increase shareholder value!

:D

• Reply 50 of 54
    Does anyone else just hope the 5.5 doesn't exist?

I know it will be viewed as a very subjective opinion but that screen size just seems so impractical to me. Apple has always been about looking out for the user which in some cases means giving them what they need not what they want. I'm really hoping they never submit to the 5.5" size. We have tablet for that reason and with wifi calling if you really want to take a call with a behemoth device you can.

5.5" dimension doesn't fit in your pocket well. I'd say maybe 30% of the world even has hands large enough to utilize the screenspace comfortably. It essentially requires a two handed use, unless you are in that 30% who have hands large enough to justify the size.

I know some people really crave it, I just think it's a foolish, unquantified request. That being said I'd just love to hear arguments for and practical use cases if anyone cares to share them.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. If the rumor about this form factor is true, I worry that the 5.5" may have some features that the 4.7" lacks.

I truly hope Apple does not do something like that. That would be very disappointing.

It's already been confirmed that the 5.5" will be waterproof, whereas the 4.7" will be water resistant*.

*Confirmed as a rumour, by me.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    bradipao wrote: »
    Between 5S and 5C, which line will be (likely) terminated?

There are no lines between the 5s and 5c.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    layng wrote: »
    What if the 5.5 inch device is not an iPhone, but an iPad nano with full cellular capabilities? Launching in October would then make perfect sense.

So an iPhone, then.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    I'm curious why Apple didn't produce the 3rd iPhone mini model. That is what I wanted upon its release.
    Why would Apple release an iOS, when its not even available later the year?