Apple Stores begin on-site iPhone 5s screen replacements

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Average iPhone 5 screen repair is $109, 5S is $139. See
    http://blog.etechparts.com/2014/06/25/etech-parts-summer-2014-market-watch/

It takes about 15 minutes to do it, if you have a screen with all the small parts already in place.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MazeCookie View Post

While I believe the iPhone is overall well made, I also believe that the manufacturer has a responsibility to make a durable product.  

....and the consumer has the responsibility to not buy the product as it is offered, at the price and quality at which it is offered.

I did not say this :(

• Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MazeCookie View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent McAnulty View Post

While I believe the iPhone is overall well made, I also believe that the manufacturer has a responsibility to make a durable product.  

....and the consumer has the responsibility to not buy the product as it is offered, at the price and quality at which it is offered.

I did not say this :(

My sincere apologies -- I cut and pasted incorrectly! It was Brent McAnulty. (Fixed in my original post).

• Reply 24 of 26
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

That makes absolutely no sense, given the general knowledge from consumer experience based on hundreds of millions that have been sold, the many hundreds of reviews on tech and consumer-reported websites, the numerous discussion boards (try searching for a phrase such as "iPhone screen break" and you'll get hundreds of millions of hits), and insurance that can be purchased to cover such a contingency.

If a consumer can't be bothered to inform and protect himself/herself, it's his/her problem.

I was talking generally, not specifically about the iPhone.  Though even then, the iPhone should be held to a reasonable durability standard for sale.  I think it's a pretty foregone conclusion that it would meet any reasonable standard, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be held to a standard, irrespective of how many review sites are out there.  The reviews and the discussion boards are part of the arbitration of what a reasonable standard is.

In the hypothetical: the existence of 100,000 discussion board topics about how easy it is to break a particular model of cellphone's glass front is not an excuse for the company selling the cellphone that is so easily broken.  "But the customers would have known about the flaw if they'd done the required reading."  No.  No required reading.  Required reasonable quality.

• Reply 25 of 26
    I do not get the minimum wage and repair cost comments. Why on earth would anybody making minimum wage buy an iPhone. Non smart flip phone is more within your budget. Kind of like saying, "Poor me. It isn't fair that I can't get a BMW repaired on my income." More evidence of our entitlement society.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePieGuy View Post

design problem? Here we go again. Why don't you again tell us how all windows and android phones are all designed and work so much better than iPhones. otherwise stfu

Excuse me, your barely a member, how dare you to me too stfu, if you want to debate something then you do so cordially and respectful. Your blocked.