Judge denies Apple bid to recover attorneys' fees from Samsung, releases $2.6M bond related to Galax

Comments

• Reply 21 of 60
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    gtr wrote: »
    Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm going to out rioting and looting in the streets to show my displeasure...

The problem is the only store I want to loot is the Apple Store.
  • Reply 22 of 60
    connie wrote: »
    Although the Samsung look a lot like the iPhone it also looks a lot like the LG Prada that came a year before the iPhone in 2006. Just saying.

Your just saying should be changed to just lying.
  • Reply 23 of 60
    Originally Posted by Connie View Post

the Samsung… …looks a lot like the LG Pradasaying.

Doesn’t really help their case. ????

• Reply 24 of 60
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

The problem is the only store I want to loot is the Apple Store.

The lootering will be better in a month or so anyway.

• Reply 25 of 60
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

Although the Samsung look a lot like the iPhone it also looks a lot like the LG Prada that came a year before the iPhone in 2006. Just saying.

If the LG Prada is so similar to the iPhone where are all the rave reviews, the incredible sales figures, and why is LG not in the position that Apple is in now?

• Reply 26 of 60
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    FFS, Judge Koh. Can't you see that you've singlehandedly given Samsung and any company a green light to rape and pillage IP - from anybody !

Jeez, what a travesty of justice. A complete mockery.
    I micturate on your court ....

You brainless individual.
  • Reply 27 of 60
    connieconnie Posts: 101member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Doesn’t really help their case. ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Your just saying should be changed to just lying.

• Reply 28 of 60

[image]

Keep thinking that.

• Reply 29 of 60
    connie wrote: »
    [image]

1) Oh, wow, you have an image. I guess that settles it until someone invents some sort of shop for photos¡ The technology that must be needed to stick a 4 digit year above a doctored is straight out of science-fiction¡

2) That middle image is from the official iPhone release. Note the hand and how it's the exact same one used for the Prada. Also note that device wasn't sold in 2006, didn't have multi-touch which means no pinch, zoom, or all the wonderful aspects of the iPhone HW and SW that made it a success and the LG Prada nothing.

3) Try doing some research, not jumping to some Android site to look at pictures.
  • Reply 30 of 60
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

<An insanely stupid, crappy and deceptive image>

What a bunch of crap. A stupid, deceptive looking propaganda collage intended to fool ignorant people.

The iPhone is nothing like the LG Prada, which was a total joke of a phone and a complete failure.

And the iPhone goes way back, way before 2007.

In court documents from the Apple VS Samsung case, there was a prototype iPhone dated August 2005 that was nicknamed purple.

Anybody claiming that the iPhone is somehow derived from that miserable piece of junk known as the LG Prada is not all that bright.

• Reply 31 of 60
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

Thing is, Samsung has been a lot more successful after it stopped copying Apple...

iphone vs galaxy

• Reply 32 of 60
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    May be - but that's somewhat irrelevant to this thread.
    Judge Koh has marginalised herself with this ruling.
    I hope Tim takes this further .

All JudgeKoh had to was to bring a judgement that was fair and right.
    She didn't do that and has now sent a signal that the American judicial system doesn't necessarily protect patent holders.
  • Reply 33 of 60
    hentaiboy wrote: »
    Thing is, Samsung has been a lot more successful after it stopped copying Apple...

[image]

That's unit sales, not profit. Samsung's guidance for this next quarter is low, if I recall correctly. They are saying that a drop in smartphone sales are to blame. Remember that the Galaxy line is mostly made up of cheap devices.
  • Reply 34 of 60
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I could use some skittles and cigarillos right about now. Let's all head down to our local convenience store and steal whatever we want, and then we'll rough up any store clerks that are there. We demand justice!

Don't forget to walk in the middle of the street when fleeing the robbery scene, and remember to beat the hell out of any cops that might come along. The bright side is that if we happen to get shot and die, mobs of racists and other losers who apparently have no jobs or life will stick up for us, and hold protests 24-7!

I'm always shocked how your constant, never-ending, blatantly racist filth gets tolerated by the mods on this forum. 

• Reply 35 of 60
    Now that Samsung has shown that any company with enough money and a good team of lawyers can steal, copy, and violate any patent it wants and get away with it, I guess we can expect to see Xiaomi do the same and enter the US market with guns a'blazing.
  • Reply 36 of 60
    connieconnie Posts: 101member

Maybe I am not all that bright.

• Reply 37 of 60
    formosaformosa Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobM View Post

I micturate on your court ....

+1 for use of "micturate". I had to look it up. I never heard that word before.

• Reply 38 of 60
    Is it true that after this ruling Scamsung executives were seen to be dancing around, shouting "Huawei! Huawei! Huawei!"...?
  • Reply 39 of 60
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    swissmac2 wrote: »
    Is it true that after this ruling Scamsung executives were seen to be dancing around, shouting "Huawei! Huawei! Huawei!"...?
    PMSL you owe me a new keyboard. :D
  • Reply 40 of 60
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    gtr wrote: »
    The lootering will be better in a month or so anyway.

Lootering? I think you just coined a new term :lol: