Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2, new iTunes 12 beta for testing

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    macxpress wrote: »
    Anyone else in the Yosemite PB 2 getting lots of beach balls? […] I'm just asking if anyone else is experiencing this. 

I haven't. I'm on developer previous beta 6 which has a build number of 14A329f.

PS: Why is the 'A' capital and the 'f' lower case? Surely that doesn't matter with a BASE-16 value.
  • Reply 42 of 62
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I haven't. I'm on developer previous beta 6 which has a build number of 14A329f.

PS: Why is the 'A' capital and the 'f' lower case? Surely that doesn't matter with a BASE-16 value.

Seems like it only does when switching between apps by clicking on the app to switch. If I command tab to the app I want to switch to it doesn't do it. Also, it seems to be using more RAM. I have 8GB total and with just Safari, Mail, and Messages open it was using 7.75GB of RAM. I restarted and its back to 4-5GB used but it seems to creep up doing while its not doing very much. 

Seems as if Safari web content is using a lot of RAM too. It looks like its caching websites I've browsed to as when I go to the Activity Monitor after browsing to a few websites those sites are still in the list in Activity Monitor until I force quit them. 

• Reply 43 of 62
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    macxpress wrote: »

Seems like it only does when switching between apps by clicking on the app to switch. If I command tab to the app I want to switch to it doesn't do it. Also, it seems to be using more RAM. I have 8GB total and with just Safari, Mail, and Messages open it was using 7.75GB of RAM. I restarted and its back to 4-5GB used but it seems to creep up doing while its not doing very much. 

Seems as if Safari web content is using a lot of RAM too. It looks like its caching websites I've browsed to as when I go to the Activity Monitor after browsing to a few websites those sites are still in the list in Activity Monitor until I force quit them. 

Something doesn't seem right. I'd do a Time Machine backup, then boot into Recovery Mode and reinstall the OS.
  • Reply 44 of 62

& No more internet radio stations in iTunes 12 Beta--Sigh  JoeInnaKeys

• Reply 45 of 62
    Can someone please tell me if I have to install Yosemite Beta 1 before Beta 2? I download Beta 1 last week but was still deciding whether or not to wait for Beta 2 or later.

Also when I try to download Beta 2 I get alert window saying" Error 1004 Please try later" message. And someone please tell me what Error 1004 is?

ThankZ!
  • Reply 46 of 62
    copelandcopeland Posts: 298member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... also improved playlists in iTunes 12, allowing suers to view their full library and playlists side ...

Nice little typo! ;-)

• Reply 47 of 62
    smaffeismaffei Posts: 237member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Funny how that is. People here having a cow over some software feature being present or not, obsessing, getting all worked up while some poor bastard in Gaza is wondering where his next meal is coming from.

The poor bastard in Gaza can post his complaints on a forum at GazaInsider.com. We complain about Apple stuff here.

• Reply 48 of 62
    How do I turn on family sharing iTunes ??
  • Reply 49 of 62

I've got the same problem.  Beachballs everywhere, and it is hard to navigate between apps. Trying to use iMessage requires that I click on the message I want to respond to multiple times, and wait for beachballs to go away, then repeat a few times before I can type.  Really annoying.  I may have to take SolipsismX's advice and try a new install.  

• Reply 50 of 62
    Very glad with this release. My mid-2012 Macbook Pro was very slow on beta 1, but there is an obvious, very apparent change with beta 2.
  • Reply 51 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

In Album view, there’s a new “Recently Added” category where, surprisingly enough, recently added music falls.

Except I don’t give a flying frick about this, don’t want to see it at all, and there’s no option to remove it. My music is my music; when it was that I added it I couldn’t care less.

Stop acting like a whiny, entitled, sanctimonious child. I can imagine a shitload of people would care about easily finding music they recently added, myself included. The fact that you're having such a fit that YOU don't want to see it for some odd, irrational reason, and showing outrage at why it exists (because you know, Apple's entire existence is meant to please you and only you) is pathetic. That little category will not negatively affect anyone who does not use it, but will positively affect everyone else in a useful fashion. Try to be reasonable once in a while by looking past your own nose.

It's not whining when the objection is to more clutter and confusion in an already clusterhumped UI that is being made progressively less useful.

The added "feature" is completely UNNECESSARY because you already CAN bring up "recently added" simply by sorting on Date Added.

• Reply 52 of 62

Click the icon to the right of the Apps icon (3 dots in a row).  Internet Radio is in there.  Choose edit to set it permanently on your icon set.

• Reply 53 of 62

Since the introduction of iTunes 12 (beta) my movies are no longer sorting properly in alphabetical order. Minor really, but drives me nuts.

For example, all movies starting with the letter "X" fall immediately between "H" and "I" and all movies that start with the letter "Q" are between "J" and "K" and no amount of tweaking the sort option changes that.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Reply 54 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

Fucking hell we have a first world problem here.

I'd say every complaint on this site is a first world problem.

I'm sure they have trolls in the third world.

• Reply 55 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by petieg View Post

Oh that's right, they didn't create the new iTunes for you!  Recently Added is no big deal for you but I bet it is quite useful for other people.  What is the big deal?  

Yeah, that’s not a valid response.

I like Purchased, because when I buy an album from iTunes, it disappear into the ether of my album list. Going to Purchased allows me to find it with ease. There's no Recently Added in my current iTunes, so I take it this is a Yosemite thing.

• Reply 56 of 62
    FYI, it seems that I've fixed my beachball problem by uninstalling Parallels Access following the instructions in this link:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/117142
  • Reply 57 of 62
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member

Wait did I just read that right, no more radio stations!?  Anyway  iTunes is getting insanely clunky and frustrating in the UI and in dealing with massive amounts of files. And dealing with video vs. tv vs movies etc.   I regret updating to 11 on Snow Leopard.  Might have to search for a different app.  Apple software in general to me anyway seems like it has gotten clunkier and less friendly in the past few years.

• Reply 58 of 62
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Wait did I just read that right, no more radio stations!?

No.

• Reply 59 of 62
    Any news on the supported machines for handoff?
  • Reply 60 of 62
    Originally Posted by WonkoTheSane View Post

Any news on the supported machines for handoff?

Anything with Yosemite, iOS 8, and Bluetooth 4, isn’t it?