Display production for Apple's 'iPhone 6' needs last-minute redesign, Reuters says

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member
    Off topic - but just out of curiosity - has Apple ever shared any generic information on their design cycles? Specifically, I'm curious as to how far along and how "locked in" the specs/features etc would be on the iPhone 6S or 7 at this point (mmediately before the release of the 6)
  • Reply 42 of 54
    unicronunicron Posts: 154member
    You seriously think with less than a month before this product launches, they are still figuring out the screen illumination?

They've been building these for months!!
  • Reply 43 of 54
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by DogCowabunga View Post

Dude. Total agreement with all the skeptics here. Chances of this seem slim. But, if there are 2 sources, then the chances of *something* having happened are increased, if they actually said the same thing.

Not really. There were 20 sources saying there was an Apple HDTV. Did that make it real?

• Reply 44 of 54

Dude, there was definitely an Apple HDTV at Steve's house but ... when they put it into mass production, they just couldn't get the screen to be bright enough!!!

• Reply 45 of 54
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Your ignorance is forgiven—for now.

Dungeons & 'Gons.

What on earth is wrong with you that you keep making these pithy little comments?  You're not impressing anyone, attention seeking troll.

If you find my posts so resentful, there's a tool that will come to your aid-the block button.

Otherwise, if you must be the biggest troll of AI, at least try and make your posts interesting; there's no need to  bore everyone here to death just because you seem to have a petty grudge against me.

• Reply 46 of 54
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    *sigh*

Serves me right I guess. "Don't feed the trolls" they said. I didn't listen.

Believe me, you're blocked, and have been for a while. Blocking doesn't remove your posts from the preview on iOS though. And it doesn't help if I'm not signed in. And it doesn't make me immune from curiosity.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,645member
    THere sure are a hell of a lot of "quotes" in that article.

Last minute design tweaks for production are not uncommon and nothing new. Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Looks like Crowley and BF are at it...again. Guys, get a room already.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    philboogie wrote: »
    More evidence there will not be 5.5" iPhone. I mean, look at that thing! Plus that green man in the background gives me the creeps.

For my personal taste a 4.7" iPhone will be too large as well. I sure hope they'll also make a 4" model with updated internals.

Bingo I too don't want a phat phone hogging up pocket space and refuse to carry a murse.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    Quote:

*sigh*

Serves me right I guess. "Don't feed the trolls" they said. I didn't listen.

Believe me, you're blocked, and have been for a while. Blocking doesn't remove your posts from the preview on iOS though. And it doesn't help if I'm not signed in. And it doesn't make me immune from curiosity.

You know, you'd find life much easier if you didn't take offence at the slightest thing.

My original post was two things: it was a fig leaf to you, albeit a slightly barbed one, and a weak attempt at humour. Unfortunately, you chose to see it in a different light.

• Reply 51 of 54
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I think you mean an olive branch, not a fig leaf. I'm not naked.

And if it's barbed I'm going to take it as barbed. Lose the barbs and stop needling me every time you see a weak ass opportunity, then maybe I'll accept your fig leaf/olive branch/whatever.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    Quote:

I think you mean an olive branch, not a fig leaf. I'm not naked.

And if it's barbed I'm going to take it as barbed. Lose the barbs and stop needling me every time you see a weak ass opportunity, then maybe I'll accept your fig leaf/olive branch/whatever.

I meant a barbed olive branch, not a fig leaf.

• Reply 53 of 54
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Translation: We started a rumor a while back that the new iPhones were only going to have one backlight piece and now we found out that they are almost certainly going to have two just like all the other phones before. We don't want to look dumb so we are now making up rumors that it was going to have one, cause we were right about that, but due to an 'issue' its going to have to have two after all. Not our fault, we didn't cause 'the issue'. 

Same as the delays in using Sapphire which was perhaps never the plan, same with the delays in getting a deal with Comcast, releasing the real tv etc