Rumored circular True Tone flash for 4.7" and 5.5" 'iPhone 6' detailed in new photos

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Marvin wrote: »
    That's the problem with convergence devices is they don't do the job of either device well enough. A phablet can't replace a small phone because it's not manageable in every scenario and it can't replace a tablet because it's too small.

I fully agree. So did Steve BTW. And while some think this isn't an issue, they are simply people with lower standards, if you will. And while that's totally fine, whatever you prefer you buy, but the experience is indeed how you describe it.

That is why I like the size of the iPhone, and have an iPad for exactly that usage. I sure hope they'll release a new 4" iPhone alongside those rumoured larger ones.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    philboogie wrote: »
    I fully agree. So did Steve BTW. And while some think this isn't an issue, they are simply people with lower standards, if you will. And while that's totally fine, whatever you prefer you buy, but the experience is indeed how you describe it.

That is why I like the size of the iPhone, and have an iPad for exactly that usage. I sure hope they'll release a new 4" iPhone alongside those rumoured larger ones.

There won't be a 4" iPhone 6, because with reduced bezel the 4.7" should only be a quarter inch wider and longer than the old 4" model.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    fuzzypaws wrote: »

There won't be a 4" iPhone 6, because with reduced bezel the 4.7" should only be a quarter inch wider and longer than the old 4" model.

If that turns out to be true I won't get a new iPhone but simply buy a cheap 2nd hand 5s. And after it dies I'll get another 5s. Personally I preferred the 3.5" models, because it should remain a phone, not some useless tablet.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    philboogie wrote: »
    If that turns out to be true I won't get a new iPhone but simply buy a cheap 2nd hand 5s. And after it dies I'll get another 5s. Personally I preferred the 3.5" models, because it should remain a phone, not some useless tablet.

I'm not seeing how getting more screen in essentially the same size chassis is a bad thing. It will be no different to use as a phone than the 5S.

Not that phones are just phones anymore anyway, in fact they are rarely used as phones. For all the stuff you actually use a smart device for - Web browsing, email, social media, controlling automated home systems, games, etc - the larger screen is just better. And with this revised chassis, you get all that without appreciably increasing the size of the device. That is all upside.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Fuzzypaws View Post

I'm not seeing how getting more screen in essentially the same size chassis is a bad thing.

Because it isn’t. It’s taller.

Not that phones are just phones anymore anyway...

This is the only thing people ever say, and it isn’t an argument...

I’m actually fine with a 4.7”, but I’m on the upper end of the hand spectrum. You’d have to be a basketball player to be able to use anything larger.

• Reply 26 of 28

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fuzzypaws View Post

I'm not seeing how getting more screen in essentially the same size chassis is a bad thing. It will be no different to use as a phone than the 5S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because it isn’t. It’s taller.

By a margin of 0.25 to 0.50 inches at most. That's just a hair over 1 centimeter longer at most. That's really not appreciably longer. The width will be increased by even less than that. Your ability to hold it in your pocket or hand will not be affected whatsoever unless you're the size of a typical 8 year old.

• Reply 27 of 28
    fuzzypaws wrote: »
    By a margin of 0.25 to 0.50 inches at most. That's just a hair over 1 centimeter longer at most. That's really not appreciably longer. The width will be increased by even less than that. Your ability to hold it in your pocket or hand will not be affected whatsoever unless you're the size of a typical 8 year old.

If the new iPhone is 1 cm taller I won't be getting it. Yes, it's that big of a deal for me.