Judge denies Apple injunction against Samsung devices in second California patent trial

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    BTW thanks to Wikipedia, Koh appears to be a Korean name.
    %uACE0%u9AD8 = Koh, Goh, Kho, Gho, Ko
  • Reply 42 of 59
    Now I'm getting suspicious of the number of judgements this judge is either giving in Samsung's favour or reversing even though it has been clearly demonstrated that they have breached apples pattents! I am still looking to see of I can find a link yet. I know she did work for a law firm that dealt with technology pattents of this type and Samsung does feature in a few of the companies sited cases but I could not find any reference to whether the company was fighting for against Samsung. It just seems to me this judge has acted to draw out this battle by continually allowing appeals from the first court case that seemed fairly cut and dried and was over seen by a jury of peers who I think were selected to be able to understand the intricacies of the case.
  • Reply 43 of 59
    indyfx wrote: »
    I didn't realise that lions had a penchant for models of the capital of Venezuela.

And a spelling Nazi as well... my my, do your talents ever end?

Somewhere I suppose, though I have yet to suffer that end, happily. ????
  • Reply 44 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Somewhere I suppose, though I have yet to suffer that end, happily. ????

I knew I recognised something in your posts. Surprised it took me so long to look across and see the obvious - a fellow Englishman & his sense of humour :)
  • Reply 45 of 59
    cali wrote: »
    My sister filed a restraining order against my wicked aunt. My aunt is a lady who poisoned my mother, nearly killing her, is constantly threatening us and abuses children.

My aunt appealed the restraining order.

Today during court the judge told my aunt to stop going to my sisters work and harassing her.

My aunts reply?
    "NO. I'm NOT gonna stop going to her work she needs to find a new job!!"

The judge dismissed the restraining order.

WELCOME TO THE U.S. JUDICIAL SYSTEM.

Get a gun?
  • Reply 46 of 59
    Originally Posted by cali View Post

"NO. I'm NOT gonna stop going to her work she needs to find a new job!!"

The judge dismissed the restraining order.

That’s an appeal+a disbarring if I’ve ever seen one.

Also, buy a gun.

• Reply 47 of 59
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

WE NEED A NEW JUDGE. WHY IS SHE PRESIDING OVER EVERYTHING?

Because other judges in the district asked her to take the cases.

http://nyti.ms/1zM0b0Q

• Reply 48 of 59
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by CityGuide View Post

I don’t see why that’s allowed. She cannot possibly be impartial to anyone with the number and scope of technology cases she has taken. Additionally, there’s a backlog being created here; it’ll be years upon years longer than it should take otherwise.

• Reply 49 of 59

Another deposit made in this Korean-American judge's Swiss bank account.

• Reply 50 of 59
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    They should just let Judge Mathis take over. He'd knock this shit out in 30 minutes with commercials!
  • Reply 51 of 59
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CityGuide View Post

http://nyti.ms/1zM0b0Q

Thanks a lot, former Gov. Schwarzenegger. (eyeroll)

• Reply 52 of 59
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    Demonstrating a "causal nexus" in events that are in the past like this would be well-nigh impossible. Maybe there needs to be some realistic expectations placed on companies like Apple --- guidelines in how they might establish what the court claims they should establish. Otherwise this is all a get out of jail free card for companies like Samsung.

And this is how it seems to be being used.
  • Reply 53 of 59
    eluard wrote: »
    Demonstrating a "causal nexus" in events that are in the past like this would be well-nigh impossible. Maybe there needs to be some realistic expectations placed on companies like Apple --- guidelines in how they might establish what the court claims they should establish. Otherwise this is all a get out of jail free card for companies like Samsung.

And this is how it seems to be being used.

Replace bad judges with ones who respect property rights and punish thieving scumbags and we'll be back on track.
  • Reply 54 of 59
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Replace bad judges with ones who respect property rights and punish thieving scumbags and we'll be back on track.

This conflicts with a lot of your past words about the government not interfering in things. It seems that only applies to things that you dislike. You also missed that her past injunction rulings have been overturned on appeal. Do you think any judge would continue to grant them without being absolutely sure?

• Reply 55 of 59
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    hmm wrote: »
    This conflicts with a lot of your past words about the government not interfering in things. It seems that only applies to things that you dislike. You also missed that her [URL=http:/2012/10/11/u-s-court-reverses-apples-injunction-on-samsung-galaxy-nexus/]past injunction rulings[/URL] have been overturned on appeal. Do you think any judge would continue to grant them without being absolutely sure?

It does not conflict with my past opinions. Property rights are fundamental and our rights are legally defensible, so a system of law is necessary for the protection of our rights. Where's the problem?
  • Reply 56 of 59
    Quote:

It does not conflict with my past opinions. Property rights are fundamental and our rights are legally defensible, so a system of law is necessary for the protection of our rights. Where's the problem?

In that case I misinterpreted some of your earlier posts, but as I suggested above, I think Koh takes a lot of unnecessary flack. It's likely that an injunction would have been granted if she thought it would stick. It seems my previous link doesn't work. Here's a recap from 2012. Hyperlinks aren't working for me for whatever reason. theverge and 9to5mac posted articles in 2012. Just google US court reverses Apple’s injunction on Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I tried to link it, but clicking my own link brings me to the default appleinsider page.

• Reply 57 of 59
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Only somewhat related and I don't know what it might lead to but Nokia is forging a special relationship with Samsung and their mobile devices. Personally I think they'll form a strategic partnership at some point as there's clear benefits to both by doing so. Sammy has hardware and production strengths and Nokia still controls a heapin helpin of IP. MS might have bought rights to certain IP when they bought Nokia's hardware but actual IP ownership, licensing and enforcement behind it remained with Nokia. How they plan to make the most advantageous use of it is unknown. A formal partnership between Samsung and Nokia could be worrisome to competitors.
  • Reply 58 of 59
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Only somewhat related and I don't know what it might lead to but Nokia is forging a special relationship with Samsung and their mobile devices. Personally I think they'll form a strategic partnership at some point as there's clear benefits to both by doing so. Sammy has hardware and production strengths and Nokia still controls a heapin helpin of IP. MS might have bought rights to certain IP when they bought Nokia's hardware but actual IP ownership, licensing and enforcement behind it remained with Nokia. How they plan to make the most advantageous use of it is unknown. A formal partnership between Samsung and Nokia could be worrisome to competitors.

Source?
  • Reply 59 of 59
    Quote:

Source?

Nokia is providing maps for Samsung. I don't know if he was referring to that or a greater level of collaboration.