LG and Samsung announce new smartwatches ahead of Apple's anticipated 'iWatch' reveal [u]

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Drealoth View Post

I think that the hardest thing that Apple is going to have is that as a fashion item, it's not great if the watch is ubiquitous. This is where I think that Android will actually do well, if they can convince experienced watch makers end up using Android Wear to release their own smart watches.

Not really.

Apple has what few others (and definitely not the Android set) have—great, unique, and highly usable technology.

Products that work and look like Apple's transcend mere fashion, and always have.

• Reply 82 of 92
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post

Gosh, Relic, is that right? Where's the user guide?  I can't find the manual.... 

Or did you mean the "big hand" which is the shorter one, and the "little hand" which is the longer one?

Kind of a bass-ackwards way of defining big & little!

Huh, I guess you're right, it is a little ass backwards, I learned size is predicated by the total volume the object takes up. I also think this has a lot to do with who is teaching the class, some teachers believe thicker is bigger, others length, I guess ultimately leaving the decision to the woman to decide. Hmmm, everything always comes down to the penis doesn't it, how do you guys live with that thing.

• Reply 83 of 92
    mazda 3s wrote: »
    chandra69 wrote: »

Idiotic and desperate duo.

Idiotic? Aren't we getting a bit ahead of ourselves here? 

No, we are not.
  • Reply 84 of 92
    mazda 3s wrote: »
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/182005/lg-and-samsung-announce-new-smartwatches-ahead-of-apples-anticipated-iwatch-reveal-u#post_2585465"]

No.

I'm glad everything is so black and white in your little world.

He's not colourblind, as far as I know.
  • Reply 85 of 92
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    mj web wrote: »
    It's a pisser watching Samsung try to guess what Apple is going to do!

It's a bigger pisser that anyone believes that.

Then you must have an incredibly full bladder.
  • Reply 86 of 92
    ipen wrote: »
    drealoth wrote: »
    I think that the hardest thing that Apple is going to have is that as a fashion item, it's not great if the watch is ubiquitous. This is where I think that Android will actually do well, if they can convince experienced watch makers end up using Android Wear to release their own smart watches.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see what (if anything) Apple does. Still kind of think this wearables thing is a fad.
    Agree.  Can't imagine people around you are wearing the same watch style, like company issued uniform.  iphone is different because there are so many different cases on the market.   Apple should have 10-15 different styles to choose from.  I guess by 9/9 we'll find out.

9 gents and 9 ladies styles, I guess.
  • Reply 87 of 92
    relic wrote: »

Gosh, Relic, is that right? Where's the user guide?  I can't find the manual.... 
    Or did you mean the "big hand" which is the shorter one, and the "little hand" which is the longer one?
    Kind of a bass-ackwards way of defining big
    Hmmm, everything always comes down to the penis doesn't it, how do you guys live with that thing.</span>

We find a wife and put it to good use.
  • Reply 88 of 92
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashMyTstDummy View Post

Are you able to change the band on the SameDung watch? If not, that's a fail.

Ridiculous! Your stuck In an antiquated view of what this product must be

Another poster mentioned charging the "watch" every 2 days while showering. Also ridiculous! No wearable tech will be successful if it has to be taken off to charge every 2 days. Likewise if it can be worn in the shower it's a non-starter. 

These are "fails." Interchangeable cosmetic bands are irrelevant by comparison.

• Reply 89 of 92
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

We find a wife and put it to good use.

...and she finds herself lying for a lifetime, just so you know that you're the reason why we go to hell.:p 

• Reply 90 of 92
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

Ridiculous! Your stuck In an antiquated view of what this product must be

Another poster mentioned charging the "watch" every 2 days while showering. Also ridiculous! No wearable tech will be successful if it has to be taken off to charge every 2 days. Likewise if it can be worn in the shower it's a non-starter. 

These are "fails." Interchangeable cosmetic bands are irrelevant by comparison.

Actually, I would be pretty pissed if I spent hundreds of dollars on something, and if the band breaks, can't replace it. My post wasn't about being cosmetic, it's about longevity.

• Reply 91 of 92
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    The iWatch isn't a smartwatch in a different form factor. The iWatch is a culmination of Apple's research and development in the quantifiable self. The iWatch has numerous potential applications:

diabetics (glucometer)
    fall detection for balance disorder and elderly (3-axis accelerometer, gyroscopic sensor)
    heart conditions (heart rate, heart rate variability)
    hypertension and hypotension (sphygmomanometer)
    military
    respiratory conditions (oxygen saturation)
    sleep disorders (sleep duration, sleep quality)
    sports performance
    two-factor authentication (biometric authentication)
    weight loss (activity tracking, caloric expenditure, distance and pace tracking, steps taken, steps climbed)

One or two of these groups might not be a considerable percentage of the population but together these groups are a large potential market.

Exactly. This is not a timepiece, but an iPhone peripheral that provides it with more context because of it's continuous intimate contact with the user. Think do not disturb mode that turns on when you're asleep rather than at set times. It has a place in the future of technology because it enables things that were not possible before.
  • Reply 92 of 92

This quite amazing that now the watches also coming as smart watches, It's called new era of modern technology.