Exclusive aerial footage of Apple's mysterious white box next to 'iPhone 6' event site

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 104
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Based on the news of event invitations of those in the fashion industry I think the idea of a fashion show makes sense.

If so (and there's the rumor Apple did invite fashion types) they made one possibly big error: Apple is competing with New York City's Fashion Week and there's wall-to-wall events all week long that are must go's.

• Reply 102 of 104
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jfc1138 wrote: »
    If so (and there's the rumor Apple did invite fashion types) they made one possibly big error: Apple is competing with New York City's Fashion Week and there's wall-to-wall events all week long that are must go's.

They'll probably end up getting a bunch of newly hired interns.
  • Reply 103 of 104
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    jfc1138 wrote: »

1) I noticed that when I was looking up when fashion week was. I assumed it was the same week all over the world and only once a year. Boy was I was way off.

2) So is this something Apple completely overlooked until it was too late, an unavoidable issue, or a deliberate use of fashion week (perhaps not unlike Apple using a car show to unveil CarPlay) that will get that industry talking about the "iWatch"? After tomorrow's event we might even see the "iWatch" on models in fashion shows in NYC that was setup by Apple with various designers.
  • Reply 104 of 104
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

They'll probably end up getting a bunch of newly hired interns.

Might depend on who's up for tomorrow. If it's a lot of wannabes then the Bay Area is a simple private jet flight away....

Gotta say as an illiterate for that world no one lept off the schedule:

http://mbfashionweek.com/new-york/schedule

Anybody?