Apple Store app overhauled with cross-platform shopping features, fresh design

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2014
Ahead of an expected iPhone unveiling on Sept. 9, Apple on Thursday rolled out an updated version of its Apple Store app for iOS, introducing cross-device shopping support, enhanced imagery and refined navigation.

The Apple Store version 3.0 update features a design inspired by the made-for-iPad iteration, with large high-resolution graphics and gesture-based user interface controls modeled after the iOS 7 template.

Aside from the front-end polish, Apple bolstered the app's feature set to include support for cross-platform shopping. According to the release notes, users can start shopping on one device, like an iPhone or iPad, and finish using a Mac or even a PC. Synchronization likely takes place through iCloud.

In addition, Apple Store for iPhone comes with a new Stores tab that provides up-to-date information on upcoming events and workshops taking place at nearby brick-and-mortar Apple Stores.

Finally, the universal app brings support for One to One reservations on iPad.

Apple Store for iOS is a free 23.4MB download from the App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Hopefully THE place to pre-order the iPhone 6 for delivery on the 19th :)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    It would have been a great day to have made it international. What countries does it currently work in? US only? One country?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Seems like I was able to download this from Canada (iPad version).

The app and UI is gorgeous. So clean and fluid.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Does anyone know if the iPhone 5/5S were available to pre-order as contract-free on Verizon? I'd like to go pay as you go with Verizon, and am hoping I can get the 6 as early as if I bought w/contract.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Hopefully THE place to pre-order the iPhone 6 for delivery on the 19th image

memories of waiting until early am (EST) and trying to oder the latex apple gadget as soon as its available, severs overloaded etc....

sleepless nights

• Reply 6 of 8
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Seems like I was able to download this from Canada (iPad version).

The app and UI is gorgeous. So clean and fluid.
    Yes loving the new design. :)
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Love the new design - much easier to locate my local store now also. Biggest concern for me will be making sure I don't spend too much time(money) on there...

Appeared to be a few things missing at first like store photos and the free app giveaway on the store page but that all seems to be resolved now. There's even a new free app on there now which wasn't meant to happen until 12th September - Bonus!!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Works in Japan, too!