Online Apple Store down ahead of iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus preorders

Comments

• Reply 241 of 293

it appears att servers cannont handle the volume. I keep getting this we cannot connect to your wireless carrier message. Everything is bogged down, maybe you guys could quit trying for a minute, just until i'm done? %)

The app is now getting slow, I guess the word is out that its the only way to order through Apple. 

• Reply 242 of 293
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by msalganik View Post

I find it ironic that Tim Cook said he expected the mother of all upgrade cycles, yet it seems they didn't do anything to really prepare for the preorders.... 

A lot better than the iPhone 4 launch.  I tried to pre order all day and only ever got timeouts...   This worked through the Apple Store app t0night though I had to retry 10-15 minutes for each phone (which is also what I was using for the iPhone 4 launch as I drove home from Pueblo CO to Salt Lake City -- kept trying every time I got signal with the phone between my legs while I was driving ;) )

For those where it says "unavailable" for every iteration of all or most phones.   Ignore and keep trying.   The two I ordered said unavailable but then let me order.

• Reply 243 of 293

I can honestly say I am not sure which one I have yet. I tried and tried on my ipad and all of the sudden at 0421 eastern time I get a pop up, we have an iphone reserved for you, we could not reach your carrier. It has a confirmation number and says they will send an email at which time I will have 24 hours to complete my order. Utter chaos. I am almost afraid to look except I toggled between 2 colors and 64GB and 128GB on the iPhone6 which is what I wanted. I never saw my check out cart because I never got that far. Scary stuff.

• Reply 244 of 293
    tony411la wrote: »
    I was able to order mine on the App after repeatedly trying for 30 minutes. 6+ 128GB Space Gray, but I could not find AppleCare for the iPhone, since I will undoubtedly have this phone for at least 2 years, I want the additional protection.  Do they not have AppleCare for iPhone?  I also couldn't find cases for the iPhone 6+.  Has anyone been able to order AppleCare or a case for the 6+?

I saw AppleCare on the store page, yes, along with accessories like the cases. If you already preordered your iPhone, you can still add AppleCare later.
  • Reply 245 of 293

I think the samsung commercial will show images of people unable to order their new phone through a web site and then cut to how easy it is to order a samsung phone.  

I really hope someone spoofs this mess showing how the site was down because of all the pre-orders. It would be great to post it in replies to Android fans trying to say how awesome they are.

• Reply 246 of 293
    As a long-time Apple customer, I'm really pissed ...

As an AAPL shareholder -- not so much!

But it's like this every year.
  • Reply 247 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cegordon View Post

64 GB.

Alright, 4.7 Gold & Space Gray are now available for AT&T...but not the silver which is the one I want. Will keep trying as others have suggested.

• Reply 248 of 293
    C'mon Apple ... I [I] really really [/I] need this -- so I can buy more stuff with ApplePay ...
  • Reply 249 of 293
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    bageljoey wrote: »
    mr. h wrote: »
    Interesting that the iPhone 6 Plus seems to have sold out much quicker than the 4.7". I wonder what split Apple were expecting? Is the iPhone 6 Plus more popular than the 4.7" or are there just not as many available? (Ordered a 4.7" myself).
    Well, there have been rumors of limited availability of the 5.5 (or even a late launch date) ever since the 5.5 rumors started.

Good point.
  • Reply 250 of 293
    At this point they know it is going to be a problem. The least they could do is let it go on sale at noon rather than midnight.
  • Reply 251 of 293
    As a long-time Apple customer, I'm really pissed ...

As an AAPL shareholder -- not so much!

Yeah ... But I haven't done this in a while (overslept last year).

From a programmer/web designer perspective -- what's this crap about taking the whole store web site down just to add a few new SKUs???

I did better than that with a JavaScript Shopping Cart site I wrote in 1997 ...

Sigh .. it's Apple -- they don't know any better!
  • Reply 252 of 293

I don't think this is an availability issue. I think there is something wrong with the process. Apple trying to contact the carrier.

The Apple store website is still unavailable, I doubt this is on purpose, but it is probably deliberate. 

• Reply 253 of 293
    At this point they know it is going to be a problem. The least they could do is let it go on sale at noon rather than midnight.

Yeah ... Go to one of those numbered-ticket systems that they use in butcher shops ...

Now serving: 1,023,412,507

Your number will be served in 27,3 days, 12 hours ansd 13 minute ,,,
  • Reply 254 of 293
    Actually, this is rather cathartic ... Having some interesting conversation with peers, a little wine -- I seldom drink anymore (or any less) ... just passing' time ...
  • Reply 255 of 293

They need a story in the morning, as they always do. "Online Stampede", "Mankind Wants iPhone6+, in Silver".. Just picture Wolf Blitzer, marking his mid-word pauses: "I...Phone6, causes world war 6". The decay and decline has sipped unto to carcass of this old, hyped and tired toy store.  Over are the times when Apple made miracles. On with the times of recycled, slightly improved 1995 specimen and the occasional and often accidental code writing.  Obviously, the codes did not work for the store this morning. Apple did not work for me this morning either. It tried to make me work for it. Peace out.

• Reply 256 of 293
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    I hope Angela is going to sort this shit out once and for all! 2014 and Apple still can't update the store without taking the whole thing down, and still can't implement a user-friendly traffic management system for big launches.
  • Reply 257 of 293

Wow, that poster above is right: the UK store is up and running. It's just the US that's getting shut out apparently. Well that's a steaming pile of nonsense right there.

• Reply 258 of 293
    I'm going on a hour 30 & still no AT&T email confirmation, but my CC was authorized for $1 from them..... so I'm guessing it's all going thru.....
  • Reply 259 of 293

On a side note while waiting: if it's specifically the US store, why say "We'll be back" in all those different languages?

• Reply 260 of 293

Velo - Same problem here I ordered via att at 12:02am pst , no email, but my card shows $1 charge, I have confirmation number which I printed and screenshot.  Heres hoping !