Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus reach record 4 million preorders in first day

1235»

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 97
    jkichline wrote: »
    Or maybe they were handling 47 preorders per SECOND. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe you should go back to bed.

    Really? You think it was spread out evenly over a 24 hour day?
    It was probably more like 2-3 million preorder requests at exactly 12:01am PDT.
  • Reply 82 of 97
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

     

    'm very disappointed that Apple decided to ignore all of the people that want a 4" device, especially after all of their valid points about one handed operation.




    I made a mockup using the life-size printout from ai - unless you are a very small person the regular iPhone 6 is pretty easy to use one handed.   Once I tried out the two sizes, the iPhone 5 seemed too small (but I am 6'3" with fairly large hands).

  • Reply 83 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

    Really? You think it was spread out evenly over a 24 hour day?

    It was probably more like 2-3 million preorder requests at exactly 12:01am PDT.

    Same thing happens with concert/sporting tickets.  Except it's scalpers buying all the tickets. LOL

     

    Apple could have quietly balanced the ordering load by secretly letting some time zones start earlier, and others later.

     

    Another question I have is: Anyone remember how many Galaxy Notes were sold on pre-order by Sammy?

  • Reply 84 of 97

    Why they don't put a sd card reader on the phone or at least  increase to 128gb the internal storage?.  I want to have movies and lossless music in my phone without deleting stuff. I really love the iPhone 6 plus but I guess for now I'll be using my gs3 until they put a sd card reader.

  • Reply 85 of 97
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,050member

    Samsung is butt hurt now. Apple phablet is eating up the pie used to be owned by Samsung. By the year end, Apple will lead phablet market share in term units sold and profit that Samsung has created and push Samsung to 2nd place in their own field. lol.

  • Reply 86 of 97
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    adonissmu wrote: »
    They are selling these phones to people who are already apple fans.

    I highly HIGHLY doubt that. Android users have been waiting for a bigger iPhone for years.

    This generation will see the most Android converts.
    sog35 wrote: »
    But,But,but,but,butt,butter.....thought no one wants large phones?

    I thought all wanted 4 inch phones? huh?

    And a lot of people are unhappy with the lack of a 4" iPhone 6. Had Apple announced a cheaper 4" 6c with multi colors and touch ID, we would have seen even bigger sales and more Android converts.

    But I'm sure a 4" version will return in the future. I can see Sammy exploiting this smaller size now.
  • Reply 87 of 97
    Originally Posted by cali View Post

    Android users have been waiting for a bigger iPhone for years.



    10% of them, at least. The rest don’t care.

     

    6c


     

    Why do people not comprehend this?

  • Reply 88 of 97
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

    Why do people not comprehend this?


    A 4" phone with upgraded internals to fit the "6" branding, while being lesser to the centre stage phone? I think most people comprehend that.

     

    Let it not be forgotten who it was that failed to comprehend Apple's iPhone "5" branding. 

  • Reply 89 of 97
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

    A 4" phone with upgraded internals to fit the "6" branding, while being lesser to the centre stage phone? I think most people comprehend that.

     

    Sure, if the 5C hadn’t existed for two years before.

     
     Let it not be forgotten who it was that failed to comprehend Apple's iPhone "5" branding. 

     

    Yep, they sure did release a successor phone to the iPhone 5 called the 5C.

     

    Oh, wait, no, that didn’t happen. The successor was the 5S, the 5 remained the same and became the 5C. So you’re wanting to call a brand new product a rebranding of an old product. More power to you, I guess.

  • Reply 90 of 97
    The numbers this year are influenced by a factor we've never seen before: "I wanna see them both in person and feel them in my hand before I decide which size I want." I've heard that at least a dozen times already. If that's a common theme, there are a lot of buyers out there who won't show up in the "first wave" numbers but will create one hell of an aftershock.

    Count me as one of those.
  • Reply 91 of 97
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    Sure, if the 5C hadn’t existed for two years before.


    Check your calendar.

     

    And I fail to see the relevance anyway.

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

    Yep, they sure did release a successor phone to the iPhone 5 called the 5C.

     

    Oh, wait, no, that didn’t happen. The successor was the 5S, the 5 remained the same and became the 5C. So you’re wanting to call a brand new product a rebranding of an old product. More power to you, I guess.


     

    What the feck are you blathering on about?  The "same"?  No it wasn't the same.  You've even denied it was the same yourself.  Hell, you've denied it in the earlier part of your fricking post.    Rampant denial, hypocrisy and ridiculousness.

     

    But besides that, my point was that you have been repeatedly proven wrong with your predictions of iPhone naming.  You have no credibility as an authority on "what Apple will do" in this arena, or the rationale on why they have done what they have done.

  • Reply 92 of 97
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

    Check your calendar.



    Yes, we’re talking about next year.

     

    No it wasn't the same.  You've even denied it was the same yourself.


     

    Let’s see… same internals, same size, same phone… yeah, seems like it’s the same to me. Ooh, it got a new case. Ooh, something about the battery. It’s the iPhone 5. Otherwise the iPhone 5 would have still been sold.

     

    If you feel like giving an actual explanation for why Apple would abandon simplicity for something so confusing that no one will comprehend it, feel free. Apple used C to designate a change to an existing product, not an entirely new one.

  • Reply 93 of 97
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     



    Yes, we’re talking about next year.


     

    Nope.  

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cali View Post



    Had Apple announced a cheaper 4" 6c with multi colors and touch ID, we would have seen even bigger sales and more Android converts.

     

    Italics mine.  

     

    We're talking about the iPhone announcement just gone.

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

    Let’s see… same internals, same size, same phone… yeah, seems like it’s the same to me. Ooh, it got a new case. Ooh, something about the battery. It’s the iPhone 5. Otherwise the iPhone 5 would have still been sold.


     

    It's the same because it's different? It's the same because it has a different name?  It's the same because otherwise the... what?  That's all nonsensical.  It's not the same.

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

    If you feel like giving an actual explanation for why Apple would abandon simplicity for something so confusing that no one will comprehend it, feel free. Apple used C to designate a change to an existing product, not an entirely new one.


     

    So it's a change then, the very essence of not being the same?  Sheesh.

     

    An iPhone with a 4" screen, and A8, M8 etc, similar to the iPhone 6 would be exactly what you say, a variation on an existing product, the iPhone 6.  Therefore the iPhone 6C nomenclature fits perfectly well (I'd prefer iPhone Mini, or Classic or similar, but ho-hum).  And Apple have no issue with messing around with names and flying in the face of logic to fit their short term needs anyway.

     

    Abandon simplicity?  What could be more simple that three phones, a little one, a normal one and a large one?  Even kids can grok that.

  • Reply 94 of 97
    ismofam wrote: »
    Why do they release to more countries on Sept 26 instead of supplying AT&T with the sold and paid for inventory!!? My ip6 5.5" 128GB s<span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);line-height:1.4em;">hipping date is</span>
    10/13/14 - 10/22/14!

    Because there are countries outside of the US. Countries that will undoubtedly going to experience the same situation; pre-ordering and getting a 3 week delivery time. How can you not understand this?

    Aha, pipped by [@]jungmark[/@]:

    jungmark wrote: »
    Because if they waited until demand is fulfilled the rest of the world won't get the iPhone until 2015.


    cropr wrote: »

    It depends of the business model of the carrier.  In my country (Belgium), 90%  of the people are buying unlocked smart phones.  This implies that mobile carries are offering cheaper contracts: I pay 5 Euro / month for 120 minutes of calls, 2GB data traffic and 10K texting messages, which is sufficient for me. I don't switch carriers very often, but I do switch regularly between my iPhone 5 and my Huawei Ascend P6 (just swapping the Sim card and it works).  As such I have a pretty good insight about which phone is performing better than the other.  For me the only price I care about is the unlocked price. For the iPhone 6 these are 699 Euro(16GB), 799 Euro (64GB), 899 Euro (128GB). For the iPhone 6 plus the prices are 799, 899, and 999 Euro.  These prices are pretty high, and roughly 150 Euro more expensive than the unlocked Samsung S5  and Samsung Note 4  respectively

    I'm in the same situation, only I pay €14/m for less Data/Voice then you're getting.

    OT: I love Belgium, especially Leuven. Ah Belgium "Great bear, shyte government"
  • Reply 95 of 97
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

    Nope.  


     

    Are you the one who had trouble reading before?

     

    Italics mine.  


     

    Take a gander at the second line there. The one you didn’t quote.

     

    It's the same because it's different? It's the same because it has a different name?  It's the same because otherwise the... what?  That's all nonsensical.  It's not the same.


     

    Yeah, see, it must be a little difficult for you to understand how things that are the same are the same, but that’s your problem–not anyone else’s.

     

    So it's a change then, the very essence of not being the same?  Sheesh.


     

    Please learn how to read.

     

    What could be more simple that three phones, a little one, a normal one and a large one?


     

    One phone with one name.

  • Reply 96 of 97
    rogifan wrote: »
    I see Yahoo finance is saying investors are disappointed by this figure because it didn't include the entire weekend. Oy vey.

    It's the typical anti-Apple bitchfest, post-announcement.
Sign In or Register to comment.