Apple customer service hit by massive traffic spike one day after iPhone 6 launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35

....or, you can tether your phone to iTunes (remember that??) and be done in 10 minutes.

Quit yer complainin'.

• Reply 22 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfactor View Post

I wonder how this company collects their analytics data? Do they have someone call in and wait up to 20 minutes and then record how long it took? If so, they are skewing their own results by tying up a place in the line. 

Heisenberg would be so proud.

• Reply 23 of 35
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Handsfree SIRI was worth it for me, I upgraded on day one, and haven't run into any issues yet.
    I had to turn it off because I encountered a bug. I was in my car and asked Siri about traffic. First Siri told me I need to unlock my device (ok that kind of defeats the purpose of hands free). Then when I tried to unlock using Touch ID it didn't work and told me to swipe to unlock. When I did thwt it didn't ask for a pin code it just unlocked my device. I'll turn it back on once this bug is fixed.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    wd4fsu wrote: »
    ....or, you can tether your phone to iTunes (remember that??) and be done in 10 minutes.

Quit yer complainin'.
    Who wants to use iTunes if they don't have to (especially on Windows machines)?
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Who wants to use iTunes if they don't have to (especially on Windows machines)?

Windows iTunes is probably the most frustrating piece of crap worthless software ever pushed out by a major tech company.

• Reply 26 of 35
    Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Windows iTunes is probably the most frustrating piece of crap worthless software ever pushed out by a major tech company.

“Oh no! It works like all other Apple software, which I have never used nor care about! That must mean it’s worthless!”

• Reply 27 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

“Oh no! It works like all other Apple software, which I have never used nor care about! That must mean it’s worthless!”

Nobody in my family likes it. At all. My wife is on OS X all day, and my son is too. Windows iTunes blows.

• Reply 28 of 35

Nobody in my family likes it. At all. My wife is on OS X all day, and my son is too. Windows iTunes blows.

Maybe Windows is the problem?
  • Reply 29 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Maybe Windows is the problem?

Why would anyone make a Mac app for Windows?

Windows is a huge problem. In itself -- no debating that.

• Reply 30 of 35

Over the last 3 days - I've been on the phone with Apple and AT&T for at least 10 hours, and every time I called had a wait time of 10-20 minutes. The phone I received Friday evening was in the wrong box - so all the IMMEI information, serial number etc were wrong. Trying to establish service and it had the wrong phone number pre loaded. After 3 days of frustration, a trip to the AT&T store (I'm 3 hours from an Apple store), having my current phone inactivated etc etc - many promises of 'engineering' to fix the problem - restoring via computer, using different wifi networks, innumerable force-quits I demanded they provide an RMA number so I could return my iPhone. I told them I was no longer going to plug it in to anything, remove and replace IC chips etc. I was done being their employee trying to make a product work as expected! What a nightmare - you'd think I was begging to take the helm of Steve Job's yacht. I'm happy to report that miserable phone is waiting fedex to pick it up and that someday in the future - I may decide to reorder an iPhone 6 - but I'm no longer certain if I will. Certainly it will be from the local AT&T store where I'll leave with it successfully activated. Apple spent every bit of over  30 years worth of accumulated goodwill in my account this weekend.

• Reply 31 of 35

BTW - I texted the number on my i{Phone 6 and indeed, that person had received my phone. A trip to the local apple store and he walked out with it reconfigured for his use. How is it multiple levels of tech support or the AT&T store tech could not do that for me I'll never know.

• Reply 32 of 35
    heliahelia Posts: 170member

Anyone knows how things were last year, the same time when iPhone 5s and 5c were released?

• Reply 33 of 35
    Yeah? Well, when I call my public utility at /any/ time, I can expect to wait two hours, trying to do other work while their shitty hold music plays in the background of their "you%u2019re call is important to us" loop. All that to get back the $700 overcharge because their drunk meter reader moved a decimal point two places%u2026I think Apple is doing fine.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacManFelix View Post

Yeah? Well, when I call my public utility at /any/ time, I can expect to wait two hours, trying to do other work while their shitty hold music plays in the background of their "you%u2019re call is important to us" loop. All that to get back the $700 overcharge because their drunk meter reader moved a decimal point two places%u2026I think Apple is doing fine.

When you compare Apple to the worst customer service industry on the planet, they're doing fine?

• Reply 35 of 35

iphone 6 is an advanced launched version Apple, the most of the people are moved here for the name of Apple brand.