Apple extends iPhone 6 and 6 Plus rollout to 22 new countries

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    oh, I don't personally care, I have my 6 Plus (and a MacBook Retina, Apple TV, iPad Air), so I love Apple's products, however I think creating this stupid demand when it's painfully apparent they are overwhelmingly unprepared for the orders they have in the few countries that have the new phones now is unprofessional, greedy, irresponsible to the people with orders that have been pending for weeks here.  But I shall not continue to argue on this website filled with people who wouldn't fault Apple no matter WHAT they do lol.  As I said I love Apple's products but not all of their policies, but you just can't say that type of heresy here.  Good day

1. So they should snap their fingers to create 60 MM iPhones this instant? All of companies wish they had this "problem".
    2. So if they delayed rollouts to other countries just to fulfill demand in the US, you don't think the grey/black market will increase its size?
    3. I'm patient awaiting my 6. Less than 3 weeks to go.
  • Reply 22 of 47
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    I don't think the IBM and Apple working relationship has gone so far as IBM helping Apple improve SIRI. Perhaps someday if IBM and Apple can trust each other enough. Apple has had a trust issue with supposed partners in recent years and I imagine IBM is a bit wary of Apple too.

Filed under Debbie Downer Claim Chowder..

Can you find that recent story about IBM and Apple working together for the last eight months? And didn't what's-his-name used to woik at dat Big Blue joint? And didn't he himself recently say how great it is working with what's-her-name? And isn't this the new Apple 3.0?
  • Reply 23 of 47
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    pmz wrote: »

Just curious...do you believe it makes logistical sense the way Apple delays production of new models as long as possible, vs. starting sooner and having more inventory at launch.

I've seen a lot of people, who don't understand the real reasoning behind this, try to justify it, and its always entertaining to watch.

1. Design may not have been finalized
    2. iOS 8 may not have been finalized
    3. Um they still produce/sell last year's iPhone.
    4. QC with the first units before ramping up.
    5. Components.
  • Reply 24 of 47
    Is the rollout schedule posted or accessible somewhere? I'd love to know exactly when the phones are coming to my country (non Brazil south America).
  • Reply 25 of 47
    oh, I don't personally care, I have my 6 Plus (and a MacBook Retina, Apple TV, iPad Air), so I love Apple's products, however I think creating this stupid demand when it's painfully apparent they are overwhelmingly unprepared for the orders they have in the few countries that have the new phones now is unprofessional, greedy, irresponsible to the people with orders that have been pending for weeks here.  But I shall not continue to argue on this website filled with people who wouldn't fault Apple no matter WHAT they do lol.  As I said I love Apple's products but not all of their policies, but you just can't say that type of heresy here.  Good day

It's true you're not going to get anywhere, at least with me, by calling Apple's global rollout schedules "unprofessional, greedy, irresponsible to the people with orders that have pending for weeks here."

Where is "here" in these times? You are implying that the US and the other First World customers should have some priority. Apple implies with its rollout schedule that the whole world matters and that only logistics determine which get seeded with the first scarce resources, beyond the first nine countries that are clearly chosen on the basis of mindshare, or maybe Apple retail presence, or some other special category. But where's the greed? They're clearly spreading out the pain as well as the beneficence.

The ideal would be to have enough stock to go around, but they're always short because of some new process or other. This time it's 401 ppi LTPS screens. Last time it was tricky aluminum bevels and glass inlays. And so on.

The point is it's a big world and they have a big schedule to match. Individual First Worlders get in line with everybody else. I'm glad they'll be spreading to parts of the world where bending hijinks won't get as much traction..
  • Reply 26 of 47

$AAPL is selling more than 600,000 phones a day since it launched and the numbers rising as more countries join the camp like the 22 that did this Friday.  I suspect the number will rise to 1M a day as we get closer to xmas before it starts to go lower for post xmas quite period.

• Reply 27 of 47
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    flaneur wrote: »
    Filed under Debbie Downer Claim Chowder..

Can you find that recent story about IBM and Apple working together for the last eight months? And didn't what's-his-name used to woik at dat Big Blue joint? And didn't he himself recently say how great it is working with what's-her-name? And isn't this the new Apple 3.0?

Can you find that recent story about IBM helping Apple improve their products like SIRI? No? AFAIK there's been nothing reported other than IBM working with Apple on a sales program to meet the demands of their enterprise customers for Apple gear, adding integrated IBM software solutions for a "finished product". Still a great start of course that could lead to other cooperative efforts in the future.
  • Reply 28 of 47

I hope that Apple will strive to treat all countries equally. Plenty of us in the US are already enjoying our iPhone 6 Pluses and those 22 other countries deserve a chance to stand on line and online to get theirs too!

• Reply 29 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Firechild22 View Post

I think one thing you need to remember is they also want to keep the whole scalping thing to a minimum (eg: buy phones in the US and ship them to other countries like China). So the quicker they roll out to other locations, the more such activities should be minimized.

• Reply 30 of 47
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eacumm View Post

I agree 100% with you.

I disagree 100% with both of you.   But then again... I already have mine.  ;) 

• Reply 31 of 47
    When I just passed the Apple Store in Amsterdam (19:10 local time), there's still a line of about 35 waiting to get an iPhone. Not sure about the scalpers though. I didn't see many Asians there in the line.
  • Reply 32 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

Go Apple.  Go Go Go.

Apple be good.

• Reply 33 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Chung View Post

When I just passed the Apple Store in Amsterdam (19:10 local time), there's still a line of about 35 waiting to get an iPhone. Not sure about the scalpers though. I didn't see many Asians there in the line.

'Asians'? Were they Indians? Emirati? Papua New-Guineans? Israelis?

Or were you referring to some other slice of a large and varied Continent?

• Reply 34 of 47
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Can you find that recent story about IBM helping Apple improve their products like SIRI? No? AFAIK there's been nothing reported other than IBM working with Apple on a sales program to meet the demands of their enterprise customers for Apple gear, adding integrated IBM software solutions for a "finished product". Still a great start of course that could lead to other cooperative efforts in the future.

Shucks, I asked you because I'm not paid to work on this forum. I got other stuff to do.
  • Reply 35 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Republic of Maldives.

• Reply 36 of 47
    Is it bad to assume that this roll out doubles iPhone sales(combined with continual sales in exsisting countries) when it's 10 million goes to 20 million?
  • Reply 37 of 47
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

"Asian" has a colloquial meaning that includes the various Chinese, SE Asian [Vietnam, Loas, Camboadia, Thailand, etc], Korean, Japanese.  Get off your high horse.

• Reply 38 of 47
    chadbag wrote: »

"Asian" has a colloquial meaning that includes the various Chinese, SE Asian [Vietnam, Loas, Camboadia, Thailand, etc], Korean, Japanese.  Get off your high horse.

It has that 'colloquial' meaning only among the geographically-challenged. Get off your high horse and go look at a map. You might learn something.
  • Reply 39 of 47
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

It has that 'colloquial' meaning only among the geographically-challenged. Get off your high horse and go look at a map. You might learn something.

It has nothing to do with being "geographically" challenged and everything to do with colloquial use of the word "asian".  

(And for the record, my wife is from Japan, and I've been to Asia many times and have friends from other than the "oriental" Asia and I know very well that there are more countries in Asia than the one's I mentioned as being considered "asian").

It is just how it is.  Live with it and stop pushing your PC cr*p.   

• Reply 40 of 47
    chadbag wrote: »

It has nothing to do with being "geographically" challenged and everything to do with colloquial use of the word "asian".  

(And for the record, my wife is from Japan, and I've been to Asia many times and have friends from other than the "oriental" Asia and I know very well that there are more countries in Asia than the one's I mentioned as being considered "asian").

It is just how it is.  Live with it and stop pushing your PC cr*p.   

Lol. It's no 'PC cr*p'.

You yourself called them 'Southeast Asians' in your prior post. Your being married to one makes you no expert on Asians, just as my being South Asian (notice the parallel suffix?) does not make me one.

It's about basic literacy.