Verizon will not throttle unlimited 4G LTE data users, to double data plans in promotion

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wood1208 View Post

In my experience, If you are a family with a need for 4 or 5 smartphone lines and have T-mobile coverage at 3 locations like your job/business, Home, Kids school than there is no need to beat around bush. T-mobile family plan is still the optimum cost effective with unlimited talk/text/data with NO data overage charges.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

T-Mobile throttles with the best of them. All the companies throttle. But T-Mobile has terrible service out of most heavily populated areas, which is why their plans look good.

True, T-Mobile's coverage is not great. However, with AT&T we would have had to wait until our two years were up AND pay an EXTRA $50/mo than we were before to upgrade our two iPhones by getting into a new 2-year contract. T-Mobile's deal (including paying early termination fees for us) lowered our bill from AT&T even with paying for 2 new iPhone 6's on their 24-month payment plan. WiFi calling sealed it for us, since WiFi is so prevalent. I could see those who travel being wary of T-Mobile's coverage, but we're a week into T-Mobile and have no complaints, even with a road trip 7 hours away. I also really like having no contract. Sure, we're paying for the phones on what's technically a 24-month loan, but if a year into it T-Mobile isn't working for us, we can sell the phones or pay off the remaining balance and move to a different carrier without an issue.

• Reply 22 of 23
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

This is like taking someone's $5 bill, then giving it back to them later and saying, "Here's $5 for you. Aren't I swell?!"

Actually, I'm happy to see Verizon's back-peddling. But this was just a small skirmish and not the war. Consumers need to keep pressure on all the telecoms to adopt reasonable policies and prices. People need to turn out in force whenever these issues come up, just like they did at the FCC for the issue of net neutrality.

• Reply 23 of 23

Question, So should I renew my contract and get a phone for a great price, then lose my unlimited(I never go over 2GB a month)?