Apple seeds OS X 10.10 Yosemite GM Candidate 3 to developers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27

I have been using the Yosemite Beta since the 2nd release. I don't use my iMac for a lot of things, but it is running flawlessly on my Core 2 Duo / 2GHz - 20 inch - 2007, with just 2 GB RAM. I do get those beach balls, as I'm using all my physical RAM, but the same was true with Mavericks.

• Reply 22 of 27
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    The good news is that Yosemite looks great and seems snappy enough. Although I have 8G.

Bad news is there is a lot of chatter on the forums about fairly serious bugs. I think there will be one or two more releases and they probably won't release on the 16th. Which is as it should be as software shouldn't be released to an artificial schedule.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Bad news is there is a lot of chatter on the forums about fairly serious bugs. I think there will be one or two more releases and they probably won't release on the 16th. Which is as it should be as software shouldn't be released to an artificial schedule.

The rumor was the 20th anyway. 16th for the announcement of things shipping with Yosemite, 20th for the release.

• Reply 24 of 27
    The rumor was the 20th anyway. 16th for the announcement of things shipping with Yosemite, 20th for the release.

I think they may say "this month" instead. I haven't seen the issues on the forums but one or two should be blockers.

At work I shift between 10.8,10.9 and 10.10. I do think Yosemite is gorgeous in comparison to 10.8 in particular but... needs a week or two more hardening time.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    asdasd wrote: »
    The good news is that Yosemite looks great and seems snappy enough. Although I have 8G.

You have 8G? Wowza!

We only have 4G here in the UK, and I personally only have 3G.

Guess it's a big pond.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    vsnlweb wrote: »
    Anone having problems with the Delta updates screwing up your machines. I every time I update to GMC 2, my machine constantly logs me out and I am unable to do anything. I cannot even grab a crash report. Only thing that works for me is the full installer and I don't think the GMC 2/3 have full installers yet...(?)

I've had this issue as well on earlier betas and now on GM Candidate 3. I'm on a MacBook Air mid-2013. I'm restoring now since I can't do much else.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    turnepf wrote: »
    I've had this issue as well on earlier betas and now on GM Candidate 3. I'm on a MacBook Air mid-2013. I'm restoring now since I can't do much else.

That seems common enough on the forums too. They need a GM that fixes that or it could be another disaster.