Wall Street blown away by Apple's 'remarkable' record September quarter

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37

Wall St. will pay more attention and give more love to AAPL when Apple conquers more of the global Enterprise and education markets, which will happen in due course. Apple's had an educational focus in fits and starts since the 1980s but not in a quantifiable profitable way the markets respect. That is what the market responds to, as it should, the full range fundamentals of present with a look see at the near future. 

• Reply 22 of 37
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    sog35 wrote: »
    The market is UP because of Apple
    Amazon is up 2.5% because of Apple?
  • Reply 23 of 37
    would have expected a surge somewhere closer to 5% with the volatility in this market...but my guess is we'll see that cumulatively over the next couple of days.
  • Reply 24 of 37
    Wells Fargo ... Ha! Ever since they took over our bank, First Union here in Florida we have had nothing but screw ups and errors.

To be fair, consider the screwups are due to First Union. I have first hand experience of how much FU screwed up systems and accounting. For decades
  • Reply 25 of 37
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,047member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

What ever happened to this analyst?

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-collapse-340-140700748.html

Stuck his tail between his legs, and came back begging.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveschaefer/2014/07/14/barclays-gets-back-on-the-apple-bull/

No StarMine 4-star rating for that chump! :D

• Reply 26 of 37
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

That analyst:

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-collapse-340-140700748.html

He bought an iPhone 6 Plus just so he could complain about it in his articles, and one of his complaints was that his wife said it was too big.

If any slightly negative rumor comes out about Apple, the Businessinsider guys are VERY quick to shout about it, loudly and insistently.

They will seriously run articles about hairgate and bendgate, they will perpetuate any negative thing about Apple they possibly can.

• Reply 27 of 37
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,730member
    palomine wrote: »
    To be fair, consider the screwups are due to First Union. I have first hand experience of how much FU screwed up systems and accounting. For decades

I guess it is possible they initially were, but after three years trying to sort them out .... you gotta wonder!
  • Reply 28 of 37
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I meant to post this earlier, but here's a minute worth of money for various companies.

That Samsung is total Samsung, or just electronics?  

• Reply 29 of 37
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Umm, Maynard?
  • Reply 30 of 37
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Business Insider is a crummy, crook organization.

Henry Blodget the CEO and founder is permanently banned from involvement in the securities industry because of FRAUD.  That should tell you all you need to know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Blodget

In 2002, then New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer published Merrill Lynch e-mails in which Blodget gave assessments about stocks which allegedly conflicted with what was publicly published.[5] In 2003, he was charged with civil securities fraud by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.[6] He agreed to a permanent ban from the securities industry and paid a $2 million fine plus a $2 million disgorgement.[7]

A "Disgorgement" sound quite painful. :)

• Reply 31 of 37

Apple stock has done better than expected since April, albeit re-tracing previous highs.....but for stockholders to see the really significant gains, vis-a-vis, gains that push its P/E or bring more in line with other growth company, I think they will need another breakthrough product....not sure a watch is the product.

• Reply 32 of 37
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I meant to post this earlier, but here's a minute worth of money for various companies.

That's cool.  What's the URL?

• Reply 33 of 37
    Originally Posted by malax View Post

That's cool.  What's the URL?

Found it again. It's animated, so just leave 'er sit for longer times.

• Reply 34 of 37
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

No they don't.  A few more 20% EPS growth quarters and this stock will be at $130

year over year was not 20% but closer to 7%......20% from last quarter is meaningless from an established company like Apple.

• Reply 35 of 37
    Digital clips wrote : " I guess it is possible they initially were, but after three years trying to sort them out .... you gotta wonder!"

I know what you mean. When WF debited our account for ~1K I didn't give them any more chances. They weren't going to put back the money until I threatened to call a regulatory agency. They had actually taken a deposit slip from a biz in FL and ran it like a withdrawl slip in another state...because, get this...the total on the slip was the same as the last digits of our account number!!! Having worked in a certain place where we dealt with a lot of banks I already knew FU could do things like that and worse, so when WF acquired them I was more or less ready. Then I got serious and closed that account!

Prior to that I never had any issues with WF.
  • Reply 36 of 37

I think AAPL should give a generous one time dividend say $10/share to shareholders of record ... that directly goes into shareholders' pockets as opposed to the on-going buyback which will ultimately increase the share price.

just my thought to share ... may be it will generate momentum ... hey, I could use the money too.