Mac users report Bluetooth lag & connection issues after updating to OS X Yosemite

Comments

• Reply 41 of 85
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    I have to admit, I've been having major issues both connecting (and keeping the connection) of my Magic Mouse to my iPad Air 2.

Physically checked cables but that didn't appear to resolve the issue.

snigger...
  • Reply 42 of 85
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member
    Currently have Yosemite installed on my 2007 iMac and I've experiencence 0 issues with my Trackpad and Keyboard...
  • Reply 43 of 85

I WILL NEVER UPDATE ANY OF APPLE OSs (iOS and Mac) ON FIRST DAY. I AM GONNA WAIT for 2 MONTHS for update.

YOSEMITE KILLED MY WIFI. STILL HAVING PROBLEMS.

• Reply 44 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post

I WILL NEVER UPDATE ANY OF APPLE OSs (iOS and Mac) ON FIRST DAY. I AM GONNA WAIT for 2 MONTHS for update.

YOSEMITE KILLED MY WIFI. STILL HAVING PROBLEMS.

Delete everything in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and reboot. This solved the issue for me. I tried many of the other "workarounds" and this was the only one that worked for me, at least for now anyhow.

• Reply 45 of 85
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    It just occurred to me, that a potential fix for a LOT of the issues mentioned here may be to perform an SMC reset...
  • Reply 46 of 85

I was having some issues with my mighty mouse. The batteries were fully charged and it kept saying low battery and there were some connectivity issues going in and out from "connection lost" I haven't had it happen in a few days however.

• Reply 47 of 85
    My found the problem: you're using OS X 10.10[B].0[/B]

Never do that.
  • Reply 48 of 85
    Did Apple hire techs from Microsoft for iOS development? Sure feels like it.
  • Reply 49 of 85
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

I have the impression that wifi has never been Apple's strong point and it's been like that for years.

I've had more problems with wifi on Apple devices than I have had with any other area.

I'd love to know the reason behind that.

• Reply 50 of 85
    xixoxixo Posts: 449member

original bluetooth keyboard worked perfectly before upgrading to 10.10

now it no longer automatically connects and rarely manually connects

time to repatriate some of those billions from ireland and do some QA testing before releases, instead of doing microsoft-style "let the users find the bugs for us for free" problem remediation .

• Reply 51 of 85
    I wonder if some of the users experiencing problems should try Apple's procedure for "Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)"
  • Reply 52 of 85

I tried Patpatpat's advice -

"Delete everything in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and reboot. This solved the issue for me. I tried many of the other "workarounds" and this was the only one that worked for me, at least for now anyhow."

It worked for me too! I have been using a Lifetrons Speaker via Bluetooth to listen to music in the kitchen plus at small workshop groups but Yosemite "killed" the connection. This fix seems to work!

• Reply 53 of 85

Fixed!

The way to fix this is to go to Bluetooth Devices, and delete all you Bluetooth devices.  Then you need to REBOOT.

The add your devices back in the normal way (Sys Prefs -> mouse -> Add Add Bluetooth Mouse & Sys Prefs -> Keyboard-> Add Add Bluetooth Keyboard)

Should all be good then.

Ash

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/budget-planner/id590508709?mt=8

• Reply 54 of 85

Fixed!

The way to fix this is to go to Bluetooth Devices, and delete all you Bluetooth devices.  

Then you need to REBOOT.

The add your devices back in the normal way 

Should all be good then.

Ash

• Reply 55 of 85

Fixed!

The way to fix this is to go to Bluetooth Devices, and delete all you Bluetooth devices.  

Then you need to REBOOT.

Should all be good then.

Ash

• Reply 56 of 85

Fixed!

Then you need to REBOOT.

Should all be good then.

Ash

• Reply 57 of 85
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,295member
    sockrolid wrote: »
    Never had any problem with Bluetooth on any Yosemite release, going back to beta 1.
    (Late-2013 iMac & late-2013 rMBP.)

On the other hand, I have never been able to get Continuity / Handoff to work.
    Not even once. (iOS 8.1 on iPhone 6 & iPad mini 1.)
    Tried all the how-to's. No joy.

all on the same iCloud account?
  • Reply 58 of 85
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    sflocal wrote: »
    If anything, upgrading my 2009 iMac to Yosemite actually made the bluetooth connections to my trackpad and mouse work more consistently.  I was having problems (especially on Mavericks) with my devices mysteriously stop working, yet showing it as connected.  I would occasionally have to power-off the devices and power-on to make it active again.

Yosemite has been the easiest and most stable transition yet.  I'm a happy camper.

Weirdly I have seem greater range too. This on my old MBP which is mid 2010. Its Might Mouse never leaves my office. Previous to 10.10 once I was at the other end of the house it just lost contact and that was that. Now It loses connection still, but then will start trying to reconnect and some times does from the far end of the house. This old Mac handles hand off just fine by the way too. It did get a new motherboard when it was aged 2 years and 10 months old (phew), courtesy of Apple due to the infamous NVidia card dying issue. So not sure if that motherboard had a later version of Bluetooth or not.
  • Reply 59 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by colinjames View Post

I tried Patpatpat's advice -

"Delete everything in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and reboot. This solved the issue for me. I tried many of the other "workarounds" and this was the only one that worked for me, at least for now anyhow."

It worked for me too! I have been using a Lifetrons Speaker via Bluetooth to listen to music in the kitchen plus at small workshop groups but Yosemite "killed" the connection. This fix seems to work!

That's good to know :-) I was only having wifi issues, bluetooth was fine, but I guess there must be some bluetooth settings in that folder too.

• Reply 60 of 85
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    I upgraded to Yosemite.  My Magic Mouse wasn't working great.  I went to the Apple store and bought a new one.  Now the new Magic Mouse doesn't work at all.  I am now using a corded mouse and I have always used a corded keypad.  I have never been happy with Blue Tooth mice.  My wife and I tried the self charging mice, but they would briefly disconnect on a regular basis.  Once is fine, but every 10 minutes gets old fast.

If you get a wireless mouse with it's own receiver, it'll behave like a corded mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/marathon-mouse-m705?crid=7

You can put the receiver into the wired Apple keyboard so that you don't waste a USB port on the computer.