iPhone 6 Plus users report persistent unexplained crashing issues, possibly tied to large app librar

Comments

• Reply 61 of 212
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

...pirates never even value the content enough to appreciate it.

It’s hard to value something on which you refuse to put a price.

Originally Posted by Silver Shadow View Post

You contributed!

If only extensions to block advertisements existed...

• Reply 62 of 212
    heliahelia Posts: 170member

AppGate?!

I wonder why would someone need to install 700 applications?!!! Honestly, who would need that much apps?!

• Reply 63 of 212
    It’s hard to value something on which you refuse to put a price.

If only extensions to block advertisements existed...

Please don't quote me for your one liners. I'm not a fan of them and I don't want to be part of them.
  • Reply 64 of 212
    Originally Posted by Silver Shadow View Post

Please don't quote me for your one liners.

No.

I'm not a fan of them and I don't want to be part of them. 

Stop saying things worthy of them, then.

• Reply 65 of 212

No.

Stop saying things worthy of them, then.

O.k. Then do me a favor. Just once a day, think... "My opinion isn't the only one". Say that three times per day and I will guarantee you happiness. No, really! I do!
  • Reply 66 of 212

O.k. Then do me a favor. Just once a day, think... "My opinion isn't the only one". Say that three times per day and I will guarantee you happiness. No, really! I do!

It’d be nice if you were saying something in any way relevant to the discussion you were failing to have.

• Reply 67 of 212
    Had crash & lock up issues with my 128g 6+ Genious guy told me software issue/corrupted back up from my 5s (5s had no issues) & to restore 6+ as new, I was thinking BS, too much work & not all contacts & info from my vault apps would come over, so called Apple Care the tech told me I didn't need to restore as new just do a fresh back up with my 6+ & wipe & restore phone to newest back up.
    It did the trick, 3 weeks, so far so good, except once when I let my kids tether from 6+ hotspot, I couldn't turn off hot spot without shutting down phone
  • Reply 68 of 212
    It’d be nice if you were saying something in any way relevant to the discussion you were failing to have.

Would you like to discuss the merits of this article in depth? The pros/cons and what they mean to you? Perhaps how it may relate to the people around you (family or friends)? If you know of anyone who has been impacted by the issue mentioned in the article? We're you, yourself impacted by the issue mentioned in the article? I would certainly like to hear it. That is what we're here for right? To lean on each other and perhaps get help or assistance from each other?
  • Reply 69 of 212

Would you like to discuss the merits of this article in depth? The pros/cons and what they mean to you? Perhaps how it may relate to the people around you (family or friends)? If you know of anyone who has been impacted by the issue mentioned in the article? We're you, yourself impacted by the issue mentioned in the article? I would certainly like to hear it. That is what we're here for right? To lean on each other and perhaps get help or assistance from each other?

Deflection only works when you’re arguing with people dumber than you. In what way are your posts not useless?

• Reply 70 of 212
    Seven hundred apps? Am I the only one who thinks that's a little excessive?

700 does seem like a lot but if you got the space & want that many apps phone should work as well
    My family's iPads probably got a couple hundred
  • Reply 71 of 212
    Deflection only works when you’re arguing with people dumber than you. In what way are your posts not useless?

Then ignore me and don't qoute me. You seem to be the one who is unwilling to discuss the actual article you are posing under.

Edit: Posting... Not posing.
  • Reply 72 of 212

Then ignore me and don't qoute me.

Why?

You seem to be the one who is unwilling to discuss the actual article you are posing under.

How? These are pretty fundamental questions. I shouldn’t have to be asking them. There’s something wrong here, and it’s not what you think.

Originally Posted by Chez Whitey View Post

700 does seem like a lot but if you got the space & want that many apps phone should work as well

What possible use case of functions would require that many apps?

• Reply 73 of 212
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chez Whitey View Post

My family's iPads probably got a couple hundred

Well, do we actually know what models those 700 apps are on that have the problem. Don't think you can fit 700 apps in a 16G unless they're real small. Got 78 that take about 9G, so 700 would be 50-100G (depending on average app size, so either a 64G or 128G phone, I'm leaning for the 128G).

• Reply 74 of 212
    pazuzu wrote: »
    So next year when the 6 S gets released and has new stuff and you don't upgrade your phone will be obsolete.
    It all works out. Except I won't be a jerk and tell you that.

Meanwhile my 5S runs great and I have hundreds of apps.

Smart, 5s is a great phone, I needed a bigger screen so I had to pay full pop for 6+ & was going to sell 5s to Gazelle but couldn't bring myself to part with such a great gadget for $300, instead gave it to my 9 year old to use as an iTouch & she gave my 5 year old her old 4th generation iTouch, everyone is happy ????
  • Reply 75 of 212
    Why?

How? These are pretty fundamental questions. I shouldn’t have to be asking them. There’s something wrong here, and it’s not what you think

O.K. I'm curious. What were the fundamental questions that you asked within this thread besides poorly quoting me?

I have some... Did you help educate others regarding anything in the article? Did you share any experiences? Did you share experiences that you witnessed others going through, but helped them thought it? Did you have any abstract ideas based on the article that you specifically labeled as such? Do you have any abstract ideas on how to improve what was reported as a problem?
  • Reply 76 of 212
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    Why is having more than 50K of music tracks so hard to comprehend. I have over 80K. All purchased either on LP, CD or digitally over a 26 year period. Some I listen to a lot, some very rarely and many not for several years. But now and then I do go back to albums I haven't listened to for a long time. It's my collection, I paid for it. Why shouldn't iTunes which is ridiculously clunky in its latest release be able to manage it?
  • Reply 77 of 212
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lukei View Post

Why is having more than 50K of music tracks so hard to comprehend. I have over 80K. All purchased either on LP, CD or digitally over a 26 year period. Some I listen to a lot, some very rarely and many not for several years. But now and then I do go back to albums I haven't listened to for a long time. It's my collection, I paid for it. Why shouldn't iTunes which is ridiculously clunky in its latest release be able to manage it?

Because software shouldn't be designed around extreme outliers like you. Software is designed for common use-cases, everything has a breaking point. 80,000 tracks is ridiculous, and you sound pretty damn entitled to expect iTunes to just "manage it". And who said it doesnt?

• Reply 78 of 212

Wow, I happen to be the "asshat" that sent the email to AI alerting them to the problem disclosed in this blog posting.  Those casting judgments on the number of apps one downloads are missing the point, which was to get info/awareness of this defect out into the public domain, particularly to those considering buying the phone.  We are talking about one particular phone (128GB 6+) and one particular cause (significant app downloads - which I would actually put at approximately 500, not 700).  I have had 4 of these phones (the original purchase and 3 replacements) and each has had the exact same flaw.  It appears to be a serial/systematic defect (just do a google search on "iphone 6 plus crashing").  Relatively speaking, there may not be that many of us (128GB 6+ owners who download a particularly large number of apps) - which I believe has lowered its priority and is the reason Apple has yet to provide a fix to this particular problem.  Given our insignificant numbers does not mean that the problem does not exist or need not be corrected in some reasonable time frame.

A few more things: 500 apps is not necessarily unreasonable given one's profession. travel, and personal lifestyle considerations.  Not all are expected to be utilized - like a first aid kit, you don't know if/when they might be needed, but it's comforting to know that they are there if you do. Second, stop with the judgments - every owner has the right to use as much storage space on whatever type of media/app that they choose. Finally, Tim Cook and the Apple executive management team consider us to be their most coveted type of customer - they would actually prefer owners to download as many apps as possible onto their phones - more downloads means more app store purchases which means more Apple revenue. Cheers.

• Reply 79 of 212
    lukei wrote: »

Itunes is probably less "clunky" than you think. I have at this point over 100k songs, 700 movies and 300 TV shows in itunes all on an external TB drive. I have yet to notice a slight hiccup with itunes. I keep activity monitor running so I can see if anything is using anything it shouldn't. Running a movie is .1% more than not. Granted it may be just me.

Can you tell me what problems you are having with itunes and what is not working?
  • Reply 80 of 212
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    @Slurpy. If that was the case then surely iTunes shouldn't allow libraries of a size it can't manage.

However (and this also @silvershadow) it isn't the iTunes 'engine' that is the issue because iOS Apps and Apple TV enable quick access. It is access and management of the library through iTunes that is slow and clunky. The interface speed and intuitiveness needs a full revamp. Perhaps some form of expert mode that strips it back to basics?