Logitech launches Type+ & Ultrathin keyboards for iPad Air 2, ultraportable Keys-To-Go for all model

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    I must say, that defeats the whole object of Apple Pay for me.

The one thing I was looking forward to is having all receipts either emailed automatically or stored in one place on the iPhone, ready to be exported for tax purposes.

If Apple Pay doesn't do this, it's not as useful or as convenient as I had hoped.

Plus it doesn't cure cancer. Lame.

This is just the beginning. The retailers need to program receipts to email apply pay customers instead of printing receipts.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Plus it doesn't cure cancer. Lame.

This is just the beginning. The retailers need to program receipts to email apply pay customers instead of printing receipts.

Perhaps, but just remember that email is not part of the transactional data. That is where the security lays. As soon as your email is exposed as part of the transaction, it can be stored somewhere that a hacker can get access to.

It is possible that there may be an opt-in option to this, but I'll bet there are plenty of people who would not use ApplePay if their email address, and more specifically, the email attached to their financial accounts, was shared every time you make a payment. If that is what you are looking for, it's another step closer to what MCX is proposing.

• Reply 23 of 24
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    elehcdn wrote: »
    Perhaps, but just remember that email is not part of the transactional data. That is where the security lays. As soon as your email is exposed as part of the transaction, it can be stored somewhere that a hacker can get access to.

It is possible that there may be an opt-in option to this, but I'll bet there are plenty of people who would not use ApplePay if their email address, and more specifically, the email attached to their financial accounts, was shared every time you make a payment. If that is what you are looking for, it's another step closer to what MCX is proposing.

Oh good point. On second though, paper receipts are fine for me. ????
  • Reply 24 of 24

I have an Ipad 3 w/retina display.  I had tried so many different keyboard cases with it that I was beginning to get discouraged.  No matter what case I tried, I could never get a keyboard that would one, stay bluetooth connected consistently and two, that would not start typing/deleting whenever it wanted to.  I wanted to throw them across the room, that is, until one day I went to Best Buy and found a Logitech Porfolio.  Now I was pretty skeptical when I bought it, but it looked nice, added protection to the ipad and had a great feel when typing.  I brought it home and began using it and now I can say that I have found the best keyboard ever.  Now why am I writing this on the Ipad Air 2 review?  Because I am looking for a keyboard with much the same feel and functionality as that one.  Now I am not sure looking at this keyboard it will provide the protection.  It is really thin.

What I found with the thinner keyboards is that though they are light weight, they did not protect this high dollar piece of equipment well.  The ipad itself usually did not fit in the slots provided or they slid off the grooves or the part of the case that bent behind the ipad to hold it up was not what I was looking for.  Now I like the one I had because when I drop my Ipad and it landed on a hard floor, my ipad was intact and the screen was not broken.  Now that is what I am talking about.  I love that the keys were far enough apart that when I typed, my wrist were not hurting.  Other smaller keyboards put the keys so close together that your wrist felt like they were knocking together just to comfortably type.  You do not know how pleased I was, so much so, that as soon as I heard that the Ipad Air 2 was coming out, I immediately went to the Logitech site to find another keyboard case just like it. 

I stumbled on this forum in hopes that voicing my opinion on keyboards would help develop one that protects, types and consistently stays paired while in use.  I so wish that logitech had a beta test program for users, not just in Silicon Valley CA. I love to testing different electronic devices and accessories.  Logitech, so far outweighs the seven other keyboards I have used so far.  Maybe this one will be good too, but still looking for the Portfolion for Ipad Air 2