Killer Deals: $150 off iMac Retina 5K, $350 off Mac Pro, $40 off iPad Air 2, $30 off iPad mini 3, up

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited November 2014
For an extremely limited time, AI readers can take advantage of some truly killer -- and previously unseen -- deals including $150 off the just-introduced iMac with Retina 5K display, $350 off the entry Mac Pro, $150 off a 13-inch MacBook Pro and 3% off all other MacBooks. There's also a handful discounts on new iPads, iTunes Gift Cards, and coupons for up to $268 off HP printers.

48 Hour Exclusive Deals

To celebrate the kickoff of the PhotoPlus expo in NY this week, AppleInsider has teamed up with partner and Apple Authorized Reseller B&H Photo & Video to offer the following discounts on three key Macs in addition to the hundreds of other camera products already marked down for the expo.

The $150 discount on Apple's new iMac with Retina 5K display is especially notable given that the product launched less than two weeks ago. It requires that shoppers first click through the iMac 5K links in this article (or our Price Guides) and then manually apply Promo Code BHPPE14 in the field provided during the checkout process. As an added bonus, all orders from B&H ship tax-free unless their destination is within NY state, adding hundreds in additional savings to these discounts. These deals expire Monday 11/3:

iMac with Retina 5K display
27-inch iMac Retina 5K (3.5GHz, 8GB, 1TB) for $2,349.00(!) [$150 Savings ]
27-inch iMac Retina 5K (3.5GHz, 8GB, 1TB) with AppleCare for $2,471.00(!) [$197 Savings ]
(!) Price when using this link and applying promo code BHPPE14 during checkout.

Mac Pro
Mac Pro Quad-Core (3.7GHz/12GB/256GB/D300) for $2,649.00 [$350 Savings ]
Mac Pro Quad-Core (3.7GHz/12GB/256GB/D300) with AppleCare for $2,823.00 [$425 Savings ]

13-inch MacBook Pro
13-inch MacBook Pro (2.4GHz, 8GB, 256GB) for $1,249.99 [$150 Savings ]
13-inch MacBook Pro (2.4GHz, 8GB, 256GB) for $1,429.98 [$218 Savings ]

Or Save $75 on 24 different iMac Retina 5K Custom Configurations

Update: A new 24-hour deal addition offers $75 off two-dozen iMac with Retina 5K display built-to-order configurations through 11:59PM PT on Friday, October 31, 2014.

$20 to $40 off new iPads & 20% off iTunes Gift Cards

Separately, AppleInsider's Deal Tracker today is also listing modest $10-$40 discounts of Apple's new iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3.

iPads Air 2s
Apple 16GB WiFi iPad Air 2 for $459.99 [$40 Savings ]
Apple 64GB WiFi iPad Air 2 for $589.99 [$10 Savings ]
Apple 128GB WiFi iPad Air 2 for $659.99 [$40 Savings ]

iPads mini 3s
Apple 16GB WiFi iPad mini 3 with Retina display for $379.99 [$20 Savings ]
Apple 64GB WiFi iPad mini 3 with Retina display for $469.99 [$30 Savings ]
Apple 128GB WiFi iPad mini 3 with Retina display for $559.99 [$40 Savings ]

iTunes Gift Cards (email delivery)
$100 iTunes Gift Card for $80 [$20 Savings ]
$50 iTunes Gift Card for $40 [$10 Savings ]
$25 iTunes Gift Card for $20 [$5 Savings ]
Sold Out

$30-$268 Off Select HP Printers

AppleInsider's Deal Tracker today also lists a number of exclusive discounts -- that expire Friday -- on select HP printers using the links below and applying promo code 25HALLOWEEN, including:

HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One multifunction printer for $149.99* [$150 Savings ]
HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One multifunction printer for $219.99* [$268 Savings ]
HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One multifunction printer for $99.99* [$80 Savings ]
HP Officejet Pro 251dw Color Ink-Jet Printer for $199.99* [$30 Savings ]
* price after manually applying promo code 25HALLOWEEN

All other Macs

Of course, AI readers in the market for an Apple MacBook Air or MacBook Pro can save an additional 3% off MacMall's already reduced prices for all the models listed in our Price Guides when using the links in those price guides to MacMall's product pages and then manually applying coupon / promo code APPLEINSIDER01. Shoppers looking to purchase a new Mac with a 3-year AppleCare protection plan can also find a number of exclusive discounts on the two products bundled together by checking out our Macs with AppleCare Price Guide.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Well, son of a batch. My Retina iMac just arrived arrived yesterday from Mac Mall (the first to have them in stock). Mac Mall would't match B&H's $118 price on the AppleCare, so I did buy that from B&H. I'll call Mac Mall to see if they'll price match, but I bet we already know what that answer will be. I could return it to Mac Mall and re-order from B&H, but that would involve time, effort, and shipping that would offset the $150 savings. I guess that's the price for being an early adopter. :(
  • Reply 2 of 14
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member

The iTunes deal isn't showing 20% off on the sellers page on eBay.

• Reply 3 of 14
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan17 View Post

The iTunes deal isn't showing 20% off on the sellers page on eBay.

unfortunately this deal has ended :(

• Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

Unfortunately this deal has ended. Since this was an eBay deal, we don't have any control over when they begin or end :(

We had it on our deal page earlier this morning. I'm sure we'll see it again sometime soon.

• Reply 5 of 14
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member

I figured that's what happened. They had this deal on Tuesday I believe. 

• Reply 6 of 14

The 27.0" iMac (3.1GHz/16GB/1TB Fusion) selling at B&H for $2099 links to a 21" iMac with the same specs.

• Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

The 27.0" iMac (3.1GHz/16GB/1TB Fusion) selling at B&H for $2099 links to a 21" iMac with the same specs.

Yep -- mislabeled row. Theres no such config for a 27". All fixed. Thanks for pointing that out!

• Reply 8 of 14
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post

Well, son of a batch.… I guess that's the price for being an early adopter. image

Don't think too much about it, mate. You got it!!! Now make some awesome stuff!!

• Reply 9 of 14
    B&H coupon not working at this time.
  • Reply 10 of 14

Almost 24 hours, two emails, and eight phone calls later, Mac Mall finally agreed to match B&H's price of $2,349 for the base Retina iMac. They tried very hard to avoid price matching by not replying to emails, not returning phone calls, offering multiple combinations of cash refunds along with store credit, explaining to me that was a promotional price instead a regular price (duh - what does that matter to ME?), etc. Their final offer was a $100 refund and a $50 store credit. I told them I'd rather return the computer for a full refund and reorder from B&H if they were willing to sacrifice a customer over the last $50. The rep began processing a return authorization! I asked if they were really willing to lose a sale and a customer over $50. She finally "spoke with her supervisor" one more time and came back offering a refund of the full $145 difference. No voices were raised and no colorful language had to be used, but the level of customer service from Mac Mall seems inadequate based on this experience, which was also my first time buying from them. Ultimately, I got what I wanted but it took more time and patience than what I felt was necessary. This was a learning experience. Generally, I buy my Apple products from B&H, Amazon, or local retail stores (in order of preference). This buying experience gave me a sour taste of Mac Mall.  I had a bad feeling from the very beginning when they refused to honor B&H's price for AppleCare (which I ordered from B&H). They kept playing "meet me halfway" games like car salesmen. Thankfully, I LOVE the computer!

• Reply 11 of 14
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Almost 24 hours, two emails, and eight phone calls later, Mac Mall finally agreed to match B&H's price of $2,349 for the base Retina iMac. They tried very hard to avoid price matching by not replying to emails, not returning phone calls, offering multiple combinations of cash refunds along with store credit, explaining to me that was a promotional price instead a regular price (duh - what does that matter to ME?), etc. Their final offer was a $100 refund and a $50 store credit. I told them I'd rather return the computer for a full refund and reorder from B&H if they were willing to sacrifice a customer over the last $50. The rep began processing a return authorization! I asked if they were really willing to lose a sale and a customer over $50. She finally "spoke with her supervisor" one more time and came back offering a refund of the full $145 difference.

Do they actually have a price matching policy? I try to avoid those kinds of situations in general. You don't know what one retailer pays vs another for something, but in the case of B+H they're probably selling enormous volume on slim margins. I don't know if you've ever seen the place, but their store is enormous. I think they also have an additional warehouse.

• Reply 12 of 14
    rcg3rcg3 Posts: 1member

B&H coupon still not working at 2:30 pm Pacific time.

• Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hmm View Post

Do they actually have a price matching policy? I try to avoid those kinds of situations in general. You don't know what one retailer pays vs another for something, but in the case of B+H they're probably selling enormous volume on slim margins. I don't know if you've ever seen the place, but their store is enormous. I think they also have an additional warehouse.

According to this they do.

• Reply 14 of 14
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

According to this they do.

I glanced through that earlier and didn't see it. I wonder if they plan to rethink that in the future. B+H is extremely inexpensive on a lot of things, but they have a stricter return policy on a lot of items.