Apple now selling refurbished 2014 15" Retina MacBook Pros starting at $1,700

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2014
Apple on Thursday added the latest 2014 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display to the refurbished section of its Online Apple Store, with base model configurations starting at $1,699.

Almost three months to the day after unveiling its refreshed MacBook Pro with Retina display lineup, which saw bumped CPU speeds and more standard RAM, Apple has started sales of factory refurbished 15-inch versions through its online storefront, with savings reaching up to $570 off list price.

Starting with the entry-level MacBook Pro, 2.2GHz Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM, 256GB of flash storage and integrated Intel Iris Pro graphics for $1,699, a savings of $300 or 15 percent off. Alternatively, the same model configured with a 512GB SSD goes for $1,949.

Moving up to the second tier version, which comes with a discrete graphics card, Apple is selling units equipped with a 2.5GHz CPU, 16GB of memory, a 512GB SSD and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M for $2,099, or $400 below retail. Adding on 512GB or 1TB of flash storage to the same model bumps the price up to $2,289 and $2,549, respectively.

At the top end is a maxed-out model with quad-core 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM, 1TB SSD and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M GPU for $2,719, a savings of $570 off list.

Apple is currently limiting refurbished Retina MacBook Pro sales to those with 15-inch displays, though the smaller 13-inch version should hit the Online Apple Store soon.

Those in the market for a new MacBook Pro with Retina display can check out AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide, a portion of which is included below, for the latest deals on Apple's laptop lineup.

MacBook Pros

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mubailimubaili Posts: 453member
    Apple's refurbished hardware is indistinguishable against a new one. It is a steal. I suspect that is how Apple discount its hardware without officially putting them on sale. It's a steal.