Users report slow Wi-Fi, dropped connections after upgrading to Apple's OS X Yosemite

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DewMe View Post

Hey, this is simply my opinion based on my experience over the past few months but especially since Yosemite and iOS8 went to release. If there are other folks out there who have found that a particular new feature of Yosemite has been transformative or life changing I'd like to hear about it. I'm talking real world, practical, and value adding transformation and not trying to impress your coworkers and neighbors with gee-wiz features that "do good demo" but get relegated to the back closet after a few days or weeks. Maybe it's time that Apple doesn't feel compelled to release a new OS version once a year just to make a big splash. Maybe release a new OS version when they actually have a spectacularly useful new feature and functionality to deliver, or something that transforms how I get my job done. The current release cycles are taking on the tone and behavior of "marketing theatre" that occur on a set schedule just because "it's the season" for new releases. 

I think that Continuity is going to end up being a game changing feature. It is one of the big reasons that I was excited about the iOS 8 / Yosemite combination. Being able to pick up and place texts and calls on your desktop instead of reaching for your phone is something that I have been waiting for a while - separate devices but convergence. Handoff has been pretty cool as well, since I am able to pick up a device and go straight to pages that I have been browsing on another device. Of course, I am a gear nut so I have a desktop, a laptop, a couple of iPads and a couple of iPhones along with a whole bunch of bluetooth headsets and a Pebble smart watch so juggling has been a bit of a struggle.

Unfortunately, I think that getting all the devices to talk in the background is what is causing all of these issues. Just think of the connections that I am trying to make - the phone rings and the call shows up on my Pebble, my computers, and my tablets. I pick up my bluetooth earpiece (a flip earpiece that powers up when it opens) to answer the call. I think that part of the problem is because of the complexity of my system, but all of these drop-offs are similar even with 2 or 3 devices.

• Reply 62 of 64
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member

problems persist here too, as describe in my previous post.

• Reply 63 of 64

Looks like this issue is going to get worse, judging from an email notification I received from the Apple support communities thread: 

Yosemite (OS X 10.10) killed my WiFi :(

Even Yosemite 10.10.2 doesn't do the trick. Instead it got more worst with this release.

WLAN and BlueTooth do not work together right after booting up the machine. 10.10.1 gave me a minute or two before the trouble starts.  In addition Safari is not able to show websites including videos like software development training stuff.

Very good apple. You are going in the right direction to loose a lot of fans and customer. If I wouldn't be a trainer and coach for iOS-Developers, I would buy a new windows notebook right now and switch back to the other side. I've got a lot good news from happy surface pro 3 customers, it seams to be the better "Tablet" for real power user and developer.

So 10.10.2 is for December 2014. 10.10.3 than for January 2015 and 10.10.4 or 10.10.5 may be fix the WLAN issue somewhere around June/July 2015. But than OS/X 10.11. will appear on the scene with much more errors will come up? I'm very frustrated and very disappointed.

Apple, stop this release terror. Please concentrate on one operating system and make it working on your own computers. You know best what kind of hardware is in your machines. So make it work, no one else can do this for you. You should not provide a new release  every year, with features, nobody expect and just a few people need. You should come up with a working operating system. We pay a lot more money for apple hardware and I think we can expect that the things are functional regarding the spec. WLAN and BlueTooth is a must these days and not longer rocket science.

Thank's for another month not being able to work with my mbp 15" retina with a value for 2,500.00 bugs at my clients office, because they only provide WIFI. I can't plug in a cable there because for external consultants the switches are not patched.

Cheers

Franky