Jawbone launches new 'UP3' fitness band and entry-level 'UP Move' activity tracker

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Jawbone's iOS app has Health app support.

If i carry around my iphone 6 and have this on at the same time, whose info does it pull for step count?

• Reply 22 of 28
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

U R RITE, CLEARLY.

I love meaningless statistics like "sales tripled". So they went from 50 a week to 150?

Seriously man? The wearables industry is going to be a $20 billion market by 2018. Apple will be a part of that but no where close to most. Someone is making money as well. This is a huge market that is only growing day by day. Not everyone is waiting around for Apple to come out with a watch. 

• Reply 23 of 28
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thx607 View Post

I actually would rather get this and skip the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch will be a first gen device. Apple has historically shown that their first gen devices are very conservative compared to their next versions. So, I want the up band now and then in a year or two get the apple watch.

you seem to be conflating "Apple" and "all technology manufacturers".... nobody's device drops out of the chute feature complete. they evolve. apple is very good at iterative improvement....so good that people get mad and say the first version should have done everything the third, fourth, or fifth version did. its absurd.

• Reply 24 of 28
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    sirlance99 wrote: »
    Seriously man? The wearables industry is going to be a $20 billion market by 2018. Apple will be a part of that but no where close to most. Someone is making money as well. This is a huge market that is only growing day by day. Not everyone is waiting around for Apple to come out with a watch. 

That would be nice, and I see nothing irregular about that estimate, but you can't reasonable make such a specific claim. I believe the wearables are finally getting to a point where the technology is there in terms of size, power efficiency, and cost to make the next big push, but I would no basis for giving a market value and date.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    you seem to be conflating "Apple" and "all technology manufacturers".... nobody's device drops out of the chute feature complete. they evolve. apple is very good at iterative improvement....so good that people get mad and say the first version should have done everything the third, fourth, or fifth version did. its absurd.

That's my point, and the up band right now is a few iterations in where apple watch isn't yet. For example, the iPad 2 was much better than the iPad 1 simply because of the camera. Sometimes waiting a year can be far more rewarding in the long run.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    thx607 wrote: »
    I actually would rather get this and skip the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch will be a first gen device. Apple has historically shown that their first gen devices are very conservative compared to their next versions. So, I want the up band now and then in a year or two get the apple watch.

thx607 wrote: »
    That's my point, and the up band right now is a few iterations in where apple watch isn't yet. For example, the iPad 2 was much better than the iPad 1 simply because of the camera. Sometimes waiting a year can be far more rewarding in the long run.

Did you forget what you wrote in your first post? Stating that "Apple has historically shown that their first gen devices are very conservative" is much different than saying "waiting a year can be far more rewarding in the long run". Of course the iPad 2 was better than the first iPad. The third gen was better again. Apple has already spent three years working on the Watch rather than rush out multiple crap devices in the hope of grabbing market share like some other manufacturers have been doing (I'm not saying they all do).

Saying the UP band has had a few iterations but the AppleWatch is only on it's first isn't exactly accurate either. This will be the first version Apple has released to the public but they have made numerous prototypes and redesigns prior to this. The first AppleWatch will have been over three years in the making. Version two will most likely have had an extra 12 months of refinements but then there will be a version 3,4,5...

Your first post implies that Apple holds back features for some arbitrary reason and ignores the fact that technology will continue to evolve and improve over time. If you don't feel the need to have an AppleWatch just yet then sure, wait for a later version with new features and for the market for Apps to be more mature. Just don't assume when version two of the AppleWatch comes out with new features it was due to Apple being "Conservative with their first gen product. Especially when that product is anything but conservative.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,372member
    I'd be very wary of purchasing any Jawbone fitness band. I had nothing but problems with their products and their customer support is useless. Your mileage may vary but start surveying people who've had Jawbone fitness bands and see if anyone has had long term reliable operation from these products. My experience with Jawbone has shaped my perception that all of these products are basically throwaway junk. If they were $25 it would be one thing but paying $125-$200 for a product that'll last a few months is not worth it.
  • Reply 28 of 28

Muse ,the Brain Sensing Headband is the best fitness tracker center known to me so far.. Muse uses sensors to detect and measure your brain signals from outside your body the same way a heart monitor measures your heart rate. All in all, it is an interesting device and it does work to help you calm down or reduce stress levels and improve focus. I personally suggest you all to try this at least once as it is best for fitness.