Full video of Tim Cook's WSJD Live conference panel posted online

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Honestly I think Tim is being conservative and setting expectations low so Apple can beat them. Jony Ive mentioned an alarm feature using the taptic engine, which of course would be difficult to use if the watch is sitting in a charger and not on your wrist. So either he knows something Tim doesn't or they need to get their stories straight when it comes to battery life. The question I have is how long will it take to charge? If it's under two hours one could conceivably charge it before they go to bed and charge it again in the morning before they leave for the day.

They both could be right, the fact that the alarm uses the taptic engine is the relevant piece here. Longer battery life will normally always be better but with current battery tech being what it is I wouldn't expect much more than a day or maybe two being the max.Two hours or under charge time would imo be a tremendous accomplishment for Apple.

I guess we will just have to wait until the ?watch gets closer to being a shipping product for more realistic and relevant projections of battery use and charge times.

• Reply 22 of 27
    If only Iron Man could help us with sustainable energy.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    realistic wrote: »
    They both could be right, the fact that the alarm uses the taptic engine is the relevant piece here. Longer battery life will normally always be better but with current battery tech being what it is I wouldn't expect much more than a day or maybe two being the max.Two hours or under charge time would imo be a tremendous accomplishment for Apple.

I guess we will just have to wait until the ?watch gets closer to being a shipping product for more realistic and relevant projections of battery use and charge times.

Using a 12w charter I can do a full charge on my 5s in just under 2 hours. IF ?Watch takes longer than that to charge that will be a real bummer.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Just like the 'phone' business and the 'music business' were totally new to Apple .... your attempt at knocking Apple yet again fails based upon actual history and facts.

Anything Apple prefixes with "Apple" rather than "I" is considered a hobby- so factually he is historically correct.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Anything Apple prefixes with "Apple" rather than "I" is considered a hobby- so factually he is historically correct.

- Apple Care?
    - Apple Cinema Display?
    - Apple Pay?

Nah.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    - Apple Care?
    - Apple Cinema Display?
    - Apple Pay?

Nah.

Well done.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    flaneur wrote: »
    Well done.

Yes. Good answers. We all know that Steve adopted "i" prefix when he "prophesy" the Internet was where the future was. The "i" was simply meant to indicate "internet ready" or "internet capable." History shows us that the prefix became "an Apple thing." I may be completely wrong, but I feel Apple is going away from using the "i" anymore. I don't know that they will necessarily drop it from products that already have the prefix (i.e. iPhone, iPad, etc), but I belive they are going in that direction. Think about it, what product today isn't "internet ready/capable"? How many TVs have you seen lately that say "Color"? Back in the day it was a big deal, just like today HD, Full HD, and UHD, is now. But "Color"? No, not anymore. All TVs today support color, that's not a selling feature anymore. We are in an age now where being internet ready/capable isn't necessarily a selling point anymore and the need to prefix products with an "i" isn't really necessary, just like TVs today don't advertise "Color" as a feature, it is a given. But again, what do I know?