Apple's MacBook Air continues to bear the brunt of Microsoft's Surface ad budget

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

I like the comparison to the utensils. Good analogy. I don't need or want one tool does the job things. I want tools that make doing work simple and correctly, not a compromise. All I've ever done with Microsoft products is swear at them. There isn't a single thing Microsoft makes that I want.

I have a desktop to do serious work. I have a laptop is use for mobile work. I have (several) iPads to consume digital information for fun, and to occasionally do light work. I have an iPhone in my pocket to keep me connected. I have an AppleTV to watch movies and some TV. And you know what? They all work together. I don't need or want to unify any of these tasks - the tools fit my life, not the other way around.

Pretty soon I'll have something on my wrist that makes even that easier. But you know what I see when I look at my wrist right now? My wrist! Comon' Chairman Honeycrisp! On with it!

Would it be better to have the work laptop (MacBook?) that could be taken apart and used as your iPad instead of owning 2 devices? If anyone could create a device like this WITHOUT the compromises it would be Apple and I think a winner.
  • Reply 62 of 71
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    robm wrote: »
    "Hey, what's that ? Is it a kickstand ? ..."

The kickstand doesn't make much sense when it's in the keyboard dock, it would be better having a rigid holder on the keyboard dock:

Some iPad cases are setup this way:

The best overall experience for more of a laptop + touch experience would probably be the Brydge:

[VIDEO]

The ports on the Surface are a bit awkwardly placed too. If you had an external HDD plugged in, it would stick out the side of the display.
  • Reply 63 of 71
    Microsoft has an identity crisis. They have to decide if they are the Microsoft of Steve Ballmer anti-Apple or if they are the Apple-friendly Microsoft of Satya Nadella.
    They cannot be both at the same time. Just when I start considering the Apple friendly Microsoft band they start with this... I need assured compatibility and that doesn't come to a company that see your products as "the enemy".
  • Reply 64 of 71
    Yet they give the whole of CNNs cast surface pros and they all use iPads
  • Reply 65 of 71
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Why does  AppleInsider bother posting these stories anymore, if they really need the clicks than they could have at least just pointed the link to any of the other 10 threads before this about Microsoft's commercials featuring Apple products, that way you guys don't have to say exactly the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over hhhhhhhaaaaawwwwwww and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. ;)

• Reply 66 of 71
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Why does  AppleInsider bother posting these stories anymore, if they really need the clicks than they could have at least just pointed the link to any of the other 10 threads before this about Microsoft's commercials featuring Apple products, that way you guys don't have to say exactly the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over hhhhhhhaaaaawwwwwww and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. ;)

I think you missed an 'over'. ????

• Reply 67 of 71
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I think you missed an 'over'. ????

I ran out of breath.

• Reply 68 of 71
    I was forced to use a Lenovo yoga 2 from my firm. At first I kind of thought it was cool to use a laptop that can transform to a tablet. But I never liked to use a touch interface on laptop as I use to do work which is better done by a keyboard. Besides the yoag2 sucks. Windows does not get the management of higher resolution displays. Some of the apps appear so tiny, I really wanted to throw the junk into a trash can. Mind you this is a $1700 laptop that my company bought, while I had asked for a $1100 MBA. Now with utter disgust I am dumping the yoga2 back to my firm and using a hand me down Mac Pro (entry level).
  • Reply 69 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GeorgeiP5 View Post

Yet they give the whole of CNNs cast surface pros and they all use iPads

And only use them to tweet from. Powerful device.
  • Reply 70 of 71

Yeah I would just buy a case with the same functionality for the ipad, theres plenty that do just the same thing as the surface pro.

• Reply 71 of 71
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay View Post

I was forced to use a Lenovo yoga 2 from my firm. At first I kind of thought it was cool to use a laptop that can transform to a tablet. But I never liked to use a touch interface on laptop as I use to do work which is better done by a keyboard. Besides the yoag2 sucks. Windows does not get the management of higher resolution displays. Some of the apps appear so tiny, I really wanted to throw the junk into a trash can. Mind you this is a $1700 laptop that my company bought, while I had asked for a $1100 MBA. Now with utter disgust I am dumping the yoga2 back to my firm and using a hand me down Mac Pro (entry level).

One of the biggest changes to Windows 8.1 was that it fixed the small text problem, just increase the DPI to 150 percentage and it will no longer look small. You can also install OSX onto the Yoga 2 very easily as this model uses supported hardware. Also your first post on this forum really shouldn't have been a negative one as it sets the tone of your personality, first impressions and all.