Best Buy jumpstarts Black Friday sales with early $75 discount on all iPad mini 3 models, up to $200

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    peteopeteo Posts: 402member
    Wow I just sold my year old 32gb iPad mini 2 verizon for $350 on eBay a few weeks ago (got an iPad air 2). Glad I got rid of before Black Friday! If any one is looking for an amazing back country gps device, this with Gaia GPS is a steal a million times better than those clunky old GPS stand alone devices. That's why apple featured that use on your verse campaign
  • Reply 22 of 32

nice, thanks for the tip -- picked up a Mini 2 for $225 - $15 reward points coupons = $210. dont need touch id on it for dorking around, so this is a sweet that ill tell my fam about..

• Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

I bet Apple is silently working deals with the vendors.  Order X amount of X product and receive X discount or "rebate" wink, wink.

wink, wink, what?

• Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Pretty good discounts, but already picked up an Air 2 (had a $90 Apple gift card) and not in the market for any of these. 

thanks for letting us know. phew.

• Reply 25 of 32
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    wink, wink, what?

nudge, nudge of course! (Young Ones reference)

Discount is a dirty word in retail, especially when used with premium brands such as Apple. They prefer to use terms such as rebate. There's a little more to it than just that, rebates generally have criteria you have to follow to get the price reduction so they still have some control over the terms of the discount, i.e. how it's presented to the consumer, etc.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

While I'm not necessarily endorsing the opening of the store, did you consider the fact that many of their employees may appreciate the opportunity to make some extra money? Last I saw, Best Buy largely employed younger 20-somethings anyway, not sixty year old grandmas.

It's not "extra money". It is part of their regular work schedule. Most of these stores keep all employees at well under 40 hours a week so they don't get benefits. This is just part-time workers being forced away from families under threat of being fired. So yes, I did consider your scenario. And dismissed it as B.S.

PS: Since when do only 60 year old grandmothers want to be with family??

• Reply 27 of 32
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Not really sure if this is a joke post or not, but if not...that's a pretty mind-numbingly moronic statement. 

Not even remotely joking. And since one of us (hint: not you) gave a reason behind our position while the other resorted to ad hominem attack, I propose that mine was not the moronic statement.

• Reply 28 of 32
    What an awesome device. With a gift card I got it for $213 after taxes. It almost feels like robbery to get such amazing technology at that price.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    wink, wink, what?

"Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Say no more... Eh? Eh?"
  • Reply 30 of 32
    ktappe wrote: »
    It's not "extra money". It is part of their regular work schedule. Most of these stores keep all employees at well under 40 hours a week so they don't get benefits. This is just part-time workers being forced away from families under threat of being fired. So yes, I did consider your scenario. And dismissed it as B.S.

PS: Since when do only 60 year old grandmothers want to be with family??

Thanks, Obama!
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Got a deal on the Ipad Mini 2 (with the upgraded Retina display) Just ordered it from Target online, so no waiting in line at Staples or Best Buy after dinner tomorrow!! It's $299 but I get a $100 Target gift card that I can use for groceries or things I need later. AND, since I used my Target card, got my extra 5% off. Bottom line for me, a new upgraded Mini 2 for $185. Woo hoo!!!