How to manage your iCloud security and Apple Pay settings from the Web

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I'd have assumed that if you have a Mac with multiple user accounts for Mac OS X that each would have their own Apple ID for their accounts and Hand Off/Continuity would work off of that? Is that the case or are you using a single, communal user account for Mac OS X setup?

As best as I can tell, devices need to use the same iCloud account in order to "hand off" to one another.

• Reply 22 of 22
    benjer wrote: »
    As best as I can tell, devices need to use the same iCloud account in order to "hand off" to one another.

Coincidentally I just had to contact Apple's iTunes Store support due to an account issue that I find really stupid on Apple's part.

I'll try to make this simple… Friend had an iPhone issue not being able to install iOS 8. She had plenty of room on her system. I created an account for her on my Mac, backed up her phone, restored it, logged into iTunes under her account. Except for PDFs that she had in iBooks it all worked well (I'm surprised these weren't part of the backup).

Anyway, several days later I go to stream music via iTunes Match on my Mac (no song is actually downloaded locally). I get an error saying I need to wait to 90 days before I use iTunes Match again on this machine because of the account change. I try to download the tracks but get a different, more cryptic 'err = 3050'.

Turns out that despite using a separate user account with its own log in credentials they still only want you to have a single iTunes Store account per machine. Even logging that person out and deleting the account doesn't resolve it. They had to reset it from their end.

TL;DR - If iTunes Match won't work with multiple user accounts I have to assume Handoff and Continuity won't either.